Health Insurance 4 U
Welcome to this Health Insurance Literacy Course
The purpose of this webpage is to provide a series of short videos and other resources that will help increase confidence and competence around choosing a health insurance plan. It has been designed for consumers and small business owners.
To participate in this course, start at the beginning and view the first video. This will introduce you to information that answers the question in the video title. After each video there are additional resources available (in pdf form) that you can download.
Before you start, please take our pre-survey and at the end, please take a final post survey. These surveys help to support our ongoing efforts. All the answers you provide are confidential and there is no way we can link you to the information you provide.
Before you start, please take a moment to complete the pre-survey.
Course videos and resources
Confused about health insurance options?
- Important Words to Know - This list provides key words to know so that you can better navigate the process of making a good health insurance decision.
What should you consider when choosing a health insurance plan?
- My Smart Choice Health Insurance Workbook Edition 6 - This workbook provides information and step by step guidance for choosing and comparison shopping health insurance plans.
- My Smart Choice and Smart Use Spending Plan – use this tool to help you organize your monthly spending plan and consider health care costs
What are my health insurance plan options?
- Types of Health Insurance Plans - This document describes different types of plans and their key characteristics that will help you know their differences.
- Small Business and Health Care Options - This document provides information about where to get health care insurance and important details to know about those options as a small business owner.
- Need help understanding how to enroll online on the Health Insurance Marketplace? Healthcare.gov has developed a "how-to" guide available online.
What are Marketplace plans?
- To determine if you are eligible for subsidies when purchasing a market place plan, click here.
- Marketplace Financial Help - This document provides an overview of the types of financial assistance offered when purchasing a Health Care Marketplace Plan (ObamaCare).
How do I compare plan costs when I’m making a health insurance decision?
- Understanding your Health Insurance Costs – by Consumer Reports - This video helps you understand health care costs and how they interrelate with each other.
- My Smart Choice Health Insurance Workbook Edition 6 – This workbook provides information and step by step guidance for choosing and comparison shopping health insurance plans.
Thank you for taking this course! Now that you have completed it,
please take a moment to take this post survey.