Frequently Asked Questions
What happens at Ag Day?
- More than 90 different educational and interactive exhibits
- Children’s games and activities
- Livestock display with UD farm animals
- Musical entertainment
- Tractor-pulled hayrides around the UD farm complex
- Plant sales (trees, shrubs, perennials, vegetable and bedding plants.)
- Lots and lots of food, including an ice cream eating contest!
What is Art in the Garden?
- Art in the Garden is an annual outdoor sculpture exhibition put on by students from the University of Delaware’s Art Department, under the direction of assistant professor of art, David Meyer. Click here for more information.
Who should attend?
- There is something for everyone—children, teenagers and adults. Ag Day is a true “family event!”
What is the cost?
- Parking and admission are free. There are nominal charges for food, sales, and some activities, but there are many free exhibits and events. Entertainment is free.
Where do I park?
- Parking is available in the UD Ice Arena and Field House lots, as well as in the north and south parking lots of the STAR Health Campus. Overflow parking is also available at the DART/SEPTA lot. Handicapped parking (tag or plate must be displayed) is available in the northern most area of the ice arena lot. Please use crosswalks!
Is Ag Day handicapped and stroller accessible?
- Yes, and there will be limited handicapped parking in the Ice Arena lot; however, there is a bit of a distance between the parking area and the event.
What is the UDBG Plant Sale?
- This large-scale plant sale that runs the week of Ag Day and on the day of. On Ag Day, the sale starts at 9:30 a.m. (1/2 hour earlier than Ag Day). Questions should be referred to 302-831-2531 or see the UDBG website.
Can I bring my dog (or any other animal)?
- Please don’t! The crowds, strollers and noise at Ag Day make pets very uncomfortable. There are also many guests who are scared of dogs. The clean-up issue is also a reason why we ask you to please leave all pets at home.
Who plans Ag Day?
- The College of Agriculture and Natural Resources has a team of students and staff who are responsible for planning the event. For all questions, please contact Grace Wisser at email@example.com.
When is the Annual Lawn Mower Tune-Up?
- The Lawn Mower Tune-Up is not a part of Ag Day. It is sponsored by registered student organizations and is typically scheduled a few weekends prior to Ag Day.