Voice Mail User Guide
UD v-mail now makes your phone a more powerful tool for communicating with others.
- You will no longer miss calls or messages.
- You can reply to messages with only one keypress.
- You can store messages for future review or redirect them to others.
- You can quickly and easily send a message to a group of people.
Voice instructions guide you through all the steps.
The first time you call the service, you will be asked to set up your mailbox.
Your mailbox is the place where your messages are stored. Voice prompts will guide
you through each of these steps:
- Set a new, secret PIN (referred to in voice prompts as a passcode).
Your PIN is a number, 4-10 digits long.
This number keeps your mailbox private and secure.
- Record your name.
Your name announcement serves as a label for your mailbox.
- Record your personal greeting.
Your greeting should ask the caller to leave you a message.
After you set up your mailbox, you will go directly to the Main Menu.
Opening Your Mailbox
For a Private Mailbox:
1.Dial ext. 4000 (Newark & Lewes campuses):; 831-4000 (off-campus);
645-4000 (Southern Delaware).
3.Enter your mailbox number.
For a Telephone Answering Mailbox (Administrative Mailboxes Only):
1. From your own phone, dial ext. 4000 (Newark & Lewes campuses).
2. When asked, enter your PIN.
3. From another phone, follow Private Mailbox directions.
The Main Menu
- Listen: To listen to your messages, press 1.
- Send: To send a message to another person or to
a group, press 2.
- If you have another mailbox you want to open, press 7.
- Mailbox Options: To change your greeting, name,
or PIN, press 9.
- Special Keys
- * Cancel or Exit
- 0 Help
- # Complete or Skip
From the main menu, press 1 to listen to your messages. You can
- (1) Repeat :
- Repeats the current message.
- (2) Save :
- Saves the current message and plays the next message in your mailbox.
- (3) Erase :
- Erases the current message and plays the next message in your mailbox.
- (4) Reply :
- Allows you to send a reply to the person who sent you the message,
- if it was sent by another UD v-mail user.
- (5) Copy :
- Sends a copy of the current message to another mailbox. The prompt
- will ask you to record an introduction to be sent along with the
- copied message. After you send the copy, you can erase the original
- message, or save it in your mailbox.
- (6) Options :
- (4) Previous :
- To go back to the previous message, press 4.
- (5) Time :
- For the time and date the message was received, press 5.
- (6) Sender : (if available)
- For the name of the sender, press 6.
- (7) Rewind :
- Rewinds by 5 seconds.
- (8) Pause :
- Pauses for 20 seconds. You can press any key to resume.
- (9) Forward :
- Advances by 5 seconds.
- (*) Cancel :
- Stops the review process and returns you to the Main Menu.
- (0) Help :
- Provides more information on the options available to you while
- listening to your messages.
- (#) Skip :
- Skips to the next message.
If you erase a message by mistake...
You can recover messages that you erased by mistake, because messages
not actually erased until you hang up the receiver.
To recover a message, press * to return to the Main Menu. Then
to listen to your messages again. When you hear the message you
accidently erased, press 2 to save it.
From the main menu, press 2 to send a message to another person
- Enter Mailboxes or Group Numbers, press #.
Enter the mailbox number of each person you want to receive the message.
have created a group list, you may enter the group number. After you enter
each mailbox or
group number, the voice will confirm the person's name or the name of the
group. (To create
a group list, see Mailbox Options).
- When you have finished entering mailbox and group numbers press
- Begin recording your message.
- When you finish recording, press #.
If you do not know the mailbox or group number, press 0. You
select Group Lists to hear all your group numbers. And you can use
Directory Assistance feature to look up a person's mailbox number.
Pressing * after you record a message cancels the message and
returns you to the Main Menu.
Pressing * while you are entering a mailbox number deletes a
mailbox number or group number you entered by mistake.
- After you record your message, you can send it by pressing 1.
- Press 2 to re-record or add comments to your message.
- press 3 to review your message.
- Press 4 to send a copy to another mailbox or group.
- Press 9 for message delivery options.
- Press 1 to mark a message Urgent. Urgent messages automatically
the front of the recipient's mailbox and are heard before non-urgent messages.
- Press 2 to mark a message Private. Private messages cannot
copied to other mailboxes.
- Press 3 to activate Return Receipt. When you activate
this feature, the
system will notify you when the message you are sending has been heard
recipient. This notification includes the name of the recipient, the time
and date the recipient heard the message, and a copy of the message you
can then review it, cancel it, forward it to another UD V-Mail user, or
- Press 4 to mark the message for Future Delivery. Your
be delivered at whatever time you specify, up to one year in the future.
will be instructed to enter the time and date for message delivery.
The service will prompt you as follows:
- Month = 1-12
- Day = 1-31
- Hour = 1-12
- Minutes = 0-59
- A.M. Press 1
- P.M. Press 2
Press 1 to send the message.
Press 1 For
- Press 1 For
Use this path to change your personal greeting.
- Press 1 : Again For Personal Greeting
- Press 2 : To Change it
- Record : Your New Personal Greeting
- Press # : To End Recording and Play it Back
- Press 1 : To Keep It
- Press 2 For
New Name Announcement
Use this path to change your name announcement.
- Press 2 : Again, To Change it OR Press 1 : To keep current
- Record : Your New Name Announcement
- Press # : To End Recording and to Play it Back Again
- Press 1 : To Keep It
OR Press 2 : To re-record
Press 2 For
Use this path to change your PIN.
- Enter Your New PIN
- LISTEN To Your New PIN
- Press 1 To Keep It
OR Press 2 to re-enter.
Press 9 For
Use this path for other options.
- Press 1 to
obtain the group list menu. (From the Man Menu, press 9 9 1.)
You can create group distribution lists, that allow you to send a
message to more than one mailbox.
- Press 1 to Review groups already created.
- Press 2 to Change a group list.
- Press 1 : to Add more mailboxes to the group.
- Press 2 : to Delete from a grouplist. You can either
enter the mailbox
number you want to delete, or you can hear a list of members so you can
choose the ones you wish to delete. If you delete a mailbox number by
mistake, press * to "undo".
- Press 3 to Re-recordthe name of a group.
- Press 3 to Delete a group.
- Press 4 to Create a group list. You will be prompted
a group number and to record a name for the group. Then enter the mailbox
number of each person to be included in the group. If you accidently enter
the wrong mailbox number, you can cancel this action by pressing *.
- Press 2 For
message notification options. (From the Man Menu, press 9 9 2.)
- Press 1 for message forwarding.
- Press 1 to turn On/Off.
- press 2 to Review.
- Press 3 to Change.
Your messages can be forwarded to another mailbox. Callers will still
your personal greeting and name announcement. You may wish to activate
feature when out of town or are unable to receive your messages for a period
of time. Be sure to change your greeting to alert callers that your messages
are being forwarded.
- * CANCEL and EDIT
- The "Star" key stops the current action and returns you to
previous set of option.
For example, if you press "Star" while reviewing your messages,
you will exit. You should always use thios mthod to disconnect.
Pressing "Star" will cancel the last action you took, without
aborting the entire operation. For example, if you are sending a
message to more than one mailboxm and you accidently enter the
wrong mailbox, you can press "Star" to cancel the last entry,
without losing all prior entries.
- 0 HELP
- The "Zero" key providesyou with information to assist you.
you ever need help, simply press "Zero" for a list of various
options available to you.
- # COMPLETE and SKIP
- The "Pound" key completes the current action and moves you
to the next menu. "Pound" lets the system know you have finished
whatever action you were performing and that you are ready to
move onto the next set of options.