Program Tiers: [Tier 1 - The Emerging Leader] | [Advanced Tier 1] | [Tier 2 - The Engaged Leader] | [Tier 3 - The Established Leader]
Students who complete Tier 1, The Emerging Leader level of BHLP by the start of the spring semester, are
eligible to register for Advanced Tier 1. You do not need to complete Advanced Tier 1 in order to register
for Tier 2. There is no additional fee for Advanced Tier 1.
The goals of Advanced Tier 1:
- Participants will demonstrate an understanding of The Leadership Challenge model by
applying one or more of the 5 practices of exemplary leadership to a current event, topic presented on Ted Talks or an
element of pop culture through preparation and facilitation of a roundtable discussion.
- Participants will demonstrate an understanding of the elements of successful group
- Participants will remain engaged in the Blue Hen Leadership Program throughout the
academic year through their participation in Advanced Tier 1.
How it works:
REGISTER FOR BHLP
- Register for Advanced Tier 1 through the BHLP website at www.udel.edu/bhlp.
- Earn an additional 8 BHLP credits by attending workshops and other programs. The
online workshop entitled Successful Group Facilitation is required as one of the 8. You
can access that workshop here.
- Roundtable discussion:
- By March 4, 2014 - Create and have approved by Susan Luchey or Matthew Creasy the topic
for a 60 minute roundtable leadership discussion that you will facilitate. The topic must be
based on a current event, on a Ted Talk (www.tedtalks.com) or an element of pop culture
(movie, television show, book, video game). You are to prepare talking points based on
your subject matter, including how it illustrates at least one of the 5 practices of exemplary
leadership (Model the Way, Inspire a Shared Vision, Challenge the Process, Enable Others
to Act, Encourage the Heart). You should prepare your roundtable based on the following outline:
- Introduction to topic
- Link of leadership model
- Discussion points or questions
- Choose the date, time and place to hold your roundtable. You may reserve use
the BHLP center at any time we are open, or have use of one of the rooms on the
second floor of Trabant between 5 and 9 pm on April 21, 22, 23 or 24. See Abby
barber or Matt Creasy to schedule your date, time and location. Once your date,
time and space are confirmed, contact Abby Barber (email@example.com) so that your roundtable can be
added to the BHLP website.
- Each roundtable will be attended by a BHLP Tier 2 or 3 participant or staff
member who will distribute and collect evaluations of the discussion.
- Tier 1 and Advanced Tier 1 students may earn BHLP credits by attending your roundtable. In
addition, you may invite students from your residence halls, etc.
- You must complete a self evaluation or reflection on experience.
- You must still complete your Tier 1 poster presentation.
- Advanced Tier 1 participants are eligible for both Tier 1 and Advanced Tier 1 awards, but only one award may be earned per person / per year.
via the link at the top of this site!