Guidelines for Use of Harrington Beach and Independence Artificial Turf Fields:
Event Time Period:
- No tobacco products or tobacco related products, including E-cigarettes
- No cooking, grilling, or barbecuing
- No generators or combustibles of any kind
- No staking or puncturing of surface
- No unauthorized motor vehicles
- No glass or sharp objects
- No dogs/pets
- No gum
- No events to begin before 9:00am. All events must End by 8:00pm (Sunday-Thursday) and by 10:00pm (Friday-Saturday)
- Maximum of 4 hrs for events with amplified sound
- Maximum of 6 hrs for all other events
Reinforced vinyl tarps covered with one layer of plywood is needed for:
Light Events (w/applied loads of less than 40psi)
Reinforced vinyl tarps with one layer of 3/4" thick plywood is needed for:
- Tables/chairs set up for lecture
- Concerts and plays without any heavy stage settings
Medium Events (w/applied loads between 40 to 60psi)
Heavy duty reinforced vinyl tarps covered with two (2) layers of ¾" thick plywood is needed for:
- Rock Concerts
- Light vehicle traffic
- Small trade shows/flea markets
Heavy Duty Events (w/applied loads of more than 60psi)
- Major rock concerts with heavy stage loads
- Heavy vehicle loadings (large forklift trucks, flat bead trucks, etc.)
- Large trade shows (boat show, heavy equipment show)
To reserve the field:
Contact the Event Services Office at (302)831-2633 if you have any questions.
- RSO Space Reservation | Departmental Reservation ($50 day rate)
- Requests for space must be submitted 10 business days in advance.
- Please complete all fields on the form by providing your name, organization's name, e-mail address, and telephone number.
- Include specific event details in the comment area of the form: Include whether tables, chairs, trash cans, electrical power, staging, Public Safety, tents, etc. will be needed.
- Cancellations must be submitted via the Cancellation/Change Form by 3:30pm on the last business day prior to the event. Failure to cancel will result in a full rental charge (departmental) or a "no-show" charge (RSO). No-show charges are the equivalent of the field's hourly rental price; check with Event Services for current no-show costs.