Any RSOs looking to plan Semi-Formal (or Formal Banquets) must adhere to following policy:
- The RSO must designate one responsible student leader as the coordinator of the event.
- The coordinator should communicate directly with the President and Treasurer of the RSO to ensure compliance with all RSO Policies.
- The coordinator of the Semi-Formal must submit a Semi-Formal Registration Form at least 30 days before the day of the actual event. Failure to be timely may result in the cancellation of the event.
- The coordinator that submitted the Semi-Formal Registration Form must submit an unsigned contract with the venue to the Student Involvement Office at least 21 days before the day of the actual event. Failure to be timely may result in the cancellation of the event.
- It is the responsibility of the coordinator to follow-up with the Student Involvement Office to ensure all paper work has been received and is being processed.
- The coordinator of the Semi-Formal must provide the name of the RSO's advisor that will chaperon the event.
- The advisor of the RSO is required to attend the entire event and must be present at the bus to and from the event. The advisor is not required to ride the bus. The advisor is expected to support the president to ensure that members of the RSO treat the venue and its employees appropriately. The advisor is also expected to address any incidences of underage alcohol consumption or alcohol overdoses in the appropriate manner.
- The coordinator is to insure that the venue will not provide an open bar and can only serve of-age students via a cash bar.
- If the semi-formal is to provide alcoholic drinks for of-age students, the coordinator is responsible for insuring that safe rides are available for guests. The coordinator is also responsible for insuring that an appropriate number of sober leaders (i.e. not just your new freshman members) are available in case of an emergency.
- If you have any questions about this policy or how to properly plan a Semi-Formal for your organization, please stop by 015G of Perkins Student Center to meet with a professional staff member. Please give yourself and your RSO plenty of time to plan this event to guarantee success.