Posting Policy as of Aug 24, 2013
Please read through these policies in their entirety as they have been recently changed.
The following policies pertain to the use of University bulletin boards:
Location of Bulletin Boards and Source of Authorization
- Bulletin boards in University buildings and on the campus are intended for notices and other materials related to the program and goals of the University. Commercial advertisements, promotions, etc., are not to be displayed on these bulletin boards.
- For information regarding posting on bulletin boards in the residence halls and residence commons areas, click here.
- Any University of Delaware student, faculty member, staff member, department, Registered Student Organization, Fraternity or Sorority, Residence Hall Government, or Special Interest Housing Group may post materials on bulletin boards. Anyone wishing to post an item must have the sponsoring name listed on each piece of material.
- Items are not to be posted on other University property including walls, trees, doors, windows, pedestrian crosswalks, lamp posts, emergency phones, fence posts, steps, pathways, etc. Violations will subject the sponsoring organization, individual, or department to cover the cost of removal, repair costs for damages, etc., resulting from the unauthorized posting. Organizations, individuals and departments will be charged $5.00 for removing each individual item posted in violation of this policy.
- No more than one poster (11" by 17") or two standard flyers (8.5" by 11") may be posted on any individual bulletin board concerning a single issue or event.
- Materials promoting an event must be removed no later than 48 hours after the event. Non-date-specific materials will be authorized for posting for thirty days from time of stamping.
- All materials posted on bulletin boards will be removed approximately at the end of each month and/or end of each semester, or when the board becomes overcrowded with materials and unsightly. The University reserves the right to clear materials at any time and is not responsible for materials removed by unauthorized individuals.
- Please bring one copy of the material that is to be posted to 103 Trabant University Center or 107 Perkins Student Center for authorization before mass-producing the material. The copy will be returned to you with an "Authorized Posting" stamp, for your production use.
- If you bring more than one copy of your material in to be stamped, the approval process may take up to 24 hours.
- All materials for the University Student Centers, Residence Halls and/or outside bulletin boards must display the "Authorized Posting" stamp. Please bring your materials to be stamped before mass-producing the materials for your own convenience. Mass quantities of materials will not be stamped and you will be required to re-copy your materials.
Materials may be posted on bulletin boards only after authorization by the office responsible for each bulletin board, as follows:
Authorization will not be based in any way on the content or viewpoint of the message.
- Academic Departments/Academic Buildings: Department or office concerned
- Library Commons: Director of Libraries or designee
- Residence Halls/Residence Commons Areas: Director of Residence Life or designee or Associate Director of the University Student Centers for Event Services or designee (Locations) [PDF]
- Trabant University Center, Perkins Student Center, and outside bulletin boards (Map) [PDF]: Associate Director of the University Student Centers for Event Services or designee