The USC recognize over 300 Registered Student Organizations and house many of their administrative offices. Whether you're new here or in your final year, it's always the right time to meet people that share your interests.
What's going on in and around the USC? Check out our new online portal, StUDent Central, to see what's going on around campus and connect with people who share your interests!
The USC's Blue Hen Leadership Program is back and it's better than ever. There are a variety of opportunities for you to get involved, become a stronger leader, and have unforgettable experiences along the way.
The college union is a "student-centered organization that values participatory decision-making. Through volunteerism, its boards, committees, and student employment, the union offers first-hand experience in citizenship and educates students in leadership, social responsibility, and values" (ACUI, 2010).
The University Student Centers supports the educational mission of the University through student focused services and programs which promote student learning, personal development and well-being and academic success. The USC fosters student interest communities, facilitates student engagement and leadership development, promotes responsible citizenship and provides inviting gathering places to relax, study, play recreational games, and enjoy meeting friends.
We invite you to follow the links from our site to learn more about our programs, services, initiatives and helpful staff resources.
The Trabant University Center and the Perkins Student Centers will serve as an integral part of the campus life and community at the University of Delaware by providing facilities, programs and services which meet the changing needs of college students through activities, dialogue, and learning.
The University Student Centers:
- Serve as community facilities for all members of the University – students, faculty, staff, alumni, and guests.
- Serve as an integral part of the University's educational environment where students can learn and practice leadership, programming, citizenship, organizational management, interpersonal skills, and cultural appreciation through volunteer opportunities, group leadership and participation, employment, and self-initiated activities.
- Serve as a place for increased interaction and understanding among individuals from diverse backgrounds.
- Serve as campus centers providing services, amenities, and conveniences necessary to campus life and the mission of the University.
- Intellectual Growth and Student Development - The University Student Centers value the personal and educational growth of students through collaboration with the academic program and departmental partnerships.
- Service - The University Student Centers value quality service and commitment to provide high level support to the campus community.
- Teamwork - The University Student Centers value individual contributions and work to collectively utilize efforts which enhance and fulfill our mission, programs, and services.
- Exploration - The University Student Centers value discovery allowing students the opportunity to learn more about themselves and experience healthy and productive lifestyles.
- Spirit and History - The University Student Centers value the important role we play in creating momentum and spirit to enrich, preserve, and honor Delaware's traditions and rich history.
- Involvement - The University Student Centers value student, faculty, staff, and alumni involvement which provides the vitality, energy, and variety to services, programs, and activities.
- Appreciation – The University Student Centers value an open exchange of ideas with respect and appreciation of others regardless of gender, gender identity, race, creed, age, national origin, sexual orientation or physical disability.
- Provide relevant and desirable programs and activities which encourage student learning that is purposeful and holistic.
- Exercise authority over resources to achieve effective and administrative practices which support the Student Centers' mission and values and respond to changing student needs.
- Offer state of the art technology and equipment within healthy, safe and well maintained facilities.
- Provide services and programs on a fair, equitable, and accessible basis related to the needs of all students and constituents.
- Exercise on-going assessment and evaluation of services, programs, and staff in compliance with the University of Delaware, the Division of Student Life, and the Student Centers' mission, values, and goals.