Commencement is coming
Photo by Mark Campbell May 21, 2018
Everything you need to know about Commencement 2018
Here are some tips if you’re planning to attend the University of Delaware’s 169th Commencement exercises, scheduled on Saturday, May 26, in Delaware Stadium.
- The free public event is held rain or shine. No tickets are needed.
- Traffic can be heavy, so plan to arrive early. Arrival by 7:30 a.m. Is recommended.
- Parking lots around Delaware Stadium will open at 6 a.m.
- Gates will open at 7 a.m.
- Students should plan to arrive no later than 7:30 a.m. and go directly to the procession line-up area next to the Delaware Field House, just north of Delaware Stadium.
- Students will begin processing into Delaware Stadium at 8:20 a.m.
- Watch on Facebook Live at this link, beginning around 8:30 a.m.
- The ceremony will begin at 9 a.m.
- Featured speaker will be Steve Mosko, a global media executive and a UD alumnus.
- The ceremony lasts approximately two hours.
- Don’t forget to bring sun block.
- Share the experience on social media using #UDGrad2018 and #BlueHensForever.
- For those unable to attend in person, Commencement will be webcast live. To watch the webcast, visit https://sites.udel.edu/udlive/.
More information is available at the University’s Commencement website.
For details on convocations and other graduation events, visit this page.
Other events also are being webcast live on Friday and Saturday, May 25-26. For a complete list, visit UDLive.