Through Dec. 3: Quizzo nights
University Student Centers Quizzo nights return to Scrounge
9:25 a.m., Sept. 6, 2013--The University Student Centers (USC) will again hold weekly Quizzo nights on Tuesdays at 7 p.m. in the Scrounge at the University of Delaware’s Perkins Student Center.
Each week Quizzo will be hosted by a representative of a student group or department and each event will have a unique theme.
Through July 31: 'Margaret Walker' exhibition
July 31: Ragtime and jazz concert
The opening Aug. 27 Quizzo was on Saturday morning cartoons and was hosted by USC’s Vinny Jackson. The Sept. 3 session was on the ’90s with Joe Tilleli of the Student Centers Programming Advisory Board (SCPAB).
This semester’s remaining schedule is as follows:
- Sept. 10: Health and Fitness, with Brittany Van Sickle of Healthy Hens and Student Health Services.
- Sept. 17: Television Through the Years, with Brook Kebede of Student Television Network STN49.
- Sept. 24: Game of Thrones, with Matthew Creasy of the Blue Hen Leadership Program and University Student Centers.
- Oct. 1: Famous Black Women in History, with Morgan Menzies of Alpha Kappa Alpha.
- Oct. 8: UD Homecoming Trivia, with Christine Scheirer of the Student Homecoming Committee and the Office of Alumni Relations.
- Oct. 15: Harry Potter, with Stephanie Schmidt of the Student Government Association.
- Oct. 22: UD 911, with Regina Phillips of Opt4 and Student Wellness and Health Promotion.
- Oct. 29: Pixar Films, with Katie Connolly and José Riera of the Office of the Dean of Students.
- Nov. 5: Breaking Bad, with Scott Rappaport of Career Services.
- Nov. 12: It's All in the Numbers, with John Michael Pantlik of New Student Orientation.
- Nov. 19: Going Global, with Siobhan May of Residence Life and Housing.
- Dec. 3: Broadway and Theatre, with Jessica Dougherty of the Resident Ensemble Players.
All students are welcome and encouraged to participate. Complimentary refreshments are provided and a variety of prizes are raffled off after every round.
USC Quizzo is followed by SCPAB’s weekly Coffeehouse series featuring local comedians and additional complimentary refreshments.
Additional information on these events and more can be found at StUDent Central.
For a flyer with September Quizzo events, click here.