Nov. 15: Engineers Week Countdown
UD to host Engineers Week 2014 Countdown event in Mitchell Hall
1:16 p.m., Oct. 31, 2013--The University of Delaware will host an Engineers Week 2014 Countdown event, Friday, Nov. 15, from 1:30-2 p.m. in Mitchell Hall.
UD is teaming with the National Engineers Week Foundation on this kickoff event, which will be webcast live.
Feb. 10-May 15: 'Artists and Friends'
Feb. 10-May 15: African American art
Following a welcome by UD President Patrick Harker, those who attend will have an opportunity to hear leading engineering experts from UD’s College of Engineering, DuPont and the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers-USA (IEEE-USA) discuss the important role engineers play in addressing today’s grand challenges and how volunteerism and partnership contribute to this effort.
The panel discussion will be moderated by UD Provost Domenico Grasso. Panelists include:
- Babatunde Ogunnaike, dean, UD College of Engineering;
- Karen Fletcher, DuPont chief engineer and vice president, engineering, facilities and real estate;
- Gary Blank, IEEE-USA president-elect;
- Elizabeth (Lizzy) Mahoney, UD doctoral student, chemical and biomolecular engineering; and
- Kelsey McWilliams, UD undergraduate student, environmental engineering.
To attend in person, register here.
To tune in online, RSVP and a link to the webcast will be provided closer to the event.