Events open upper division communities to newest residents
11:59 a.m., May 2, 2014--In early May, University of Delaware students returning to on-campus housing in August are invited to join the upper division halls in a series of launch parties.
The launch parties are a way for students to meet some of the current and future residents and Residence Life and Housing staff, including their resident assistant (RA).
New Hens arrive
First Step: Ideas for a healthier world
Students can explore the leadership and service opportunities specific to each area of campus, network, and begin building the relationships and the community they want for the coming year.
“For current first year students, these parties are an avenue for them to discover ways they can stay involved in their complex next year,” said Cheri Skipworth, complex coordinator for the Central Complex comprising the residence halls on the Central Green.
Each launch party will offer tours so that residents can become familiar with their new residence halls.
The schedules is as follows:
- The Central Celebration, May 4, 4-7 p.m. on the South Green. Rain location, Warner Hall. “May the Fourth Be With You.”
- Independence, May 7, 5-7 p.m. on the James Smith/Thomas McKean patio. Rain location, James Smith Main Lounge.
- Christiana Towers, May 7, 8-10 p.m. in the Christiana Commons. “Bringing it Back to the ’90s.”
- Ray Fair 2014, May 10, 3-6 p.m. on Ray Street. Rain location, Ray C Lounge.
- Smyth Hall, May 14, 7-9 p.m. in the Smyth Hall Main Lounge on the first floor.
More information can be found on the Residence Life and Housing website.