Protect your personal property from theft
4:57 p.m., March 12, 2014--The University of Delaware Police Department is currently investigating several thefts of Apple products on the campus. Such thefts have been on the rise nationally and have been dubbed iCrimes and Apple picking.
Since October, 10 Apple products have been stolen on campus, with most thefts from buildings on The Green.
Faculty and Staff Campaign
Dissertation boot camp
If you own an Apple device, UD Police recommend signing up for "Find My iPhone," which has been helpful in locating stolen items.
Following are tips to help prevent theft:
• Do not leave valuables unattended for any amount of time.
• Do not leave valuables out in plain view.
• Lock your office door when you leave for any amount of time.
• Pay attention to your surroundings.
• Report all suspicious activity or suspicious persons to UD Police immediately.
For information on additional safety tips, visit the UD Police website or call 831-2222.