Delaware Tech lottery
HR accepts applications for Delaware Tech tuition waiver exchange lottery
8:10 a.m., July 9, 2013--The University of Delaware Office of Human Resources is now accepting applications from full-time benefit-eligible employees who want to be entered in the Aug. 13 lottery for a chance to have one of their dependents participate in the 2013-14 Tuition Waiver Exchange Program with Delaware Technical Community College.
This exchange program waives the fall and spring tuition for one dependent who is enrolled on a full-time basis (a minimum of 12 credit hours) in a degree-granting program at Delaware Tech. To be eligible for the program, the student must:
First Friday Roundtable
- Meet dependent eligibility requirements. A spouse must be legally married to the employee at the end of Delaware Tech’s free/drop add period. A child is defined as a biological, or a legally adopted child of the employee or spouse, who will be claimed by the employee as an exemption for federal income tax purposes on the employee's tax return for the tax year in which the benefit is received.
- Apply for, and receive admission to, a degree-granting program at Delaware Tech.
- Be registered full-time in that Delaware Tech program before the Aug. 13 drawing is conducted.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Apply for, and be found ineligible for, a state of Delaware Student Excellence Equals Degree (SEED) grant. SEED grants are provided by the state and cover tuition for Delaware-resident students. For more information about SEED, see this website.
To have a dependent’s name included in the Aug. 13 lottery, employees must submit a Delaware Tech lottery application no later than Friday, Aug. 9.
The application form can be found on the HR Benefits website. Keep in mind that the Delaware Tech tuition waiver, if awarded, does count against the UD limit of two full-time tuition benefits per semester per family.
Note that students who received this waiver for 2012-13, and are continuing at Delaware Tech this fall, do not need to participate in this year’s lottery, but they must be registered full-time at Delaware Tech before the Aug. 13 drawing is conducted.
Those who have questions can contact the Office of Human Resources by email at email@example.com or by phone at 302-831-2171.