Winter storm warning
UD closed today, Feb. 13
6:29 a.m., Feb. 13, 2014--The University of Delaware is closed as of 5 a.m., today, Thursday, Feb. 13, and is expected to reopen at normal starting time, Friday, Feb. 14. Essential personnel should contact their supervisors.
Classes and all events scheduled on the Newark and Wilmington campus are canceled today. Dining halls will operate on their normal schedule.
Ray Street shuttle change
Administrators continue to monitor the weather situation, and Facilities staff have been working since early this morning to clear parking lots and sidewalks on the campus.
Cancellations, late openings, postponements (updated at 6:25 p.m., Feb. 13)
• The women's basketball game vs. the College of Charleston, scheduled tonight, has been postponed until 3 p.m., Friday, Feb. 14, at the Bob Carpenter Center. All tickets for tonight's game will be honored on Friday. Patrons unable to attend Friday's game may exchange their tickets for future women's games on Feb. 16 or Feb. 20.
• The Carpenter Sports Building will be open from 1-7 p.m., today, Feb. 13, and it will open at 8 a.m., Friday, Feb. 14.
• The Barnes and Noble University of Delaware Bookstore and Café, 83 East Main St., will be open from 9 a.m.-6 p.m., Feb. 13. • Independence Gym is closed today, Feb. 13.
• The UDairy Creamery is closed today, Feb. 13.
• The University of Delaware Ice Arena is closed today.
• The Neutron Day symposium, scheduled today at the Trabant University Center, is cancelled and will be rescheduled.
• The University of Delaware Library is closed today.
• Spring Activities Night, scheduled at 7 p.m., today, in the Perkins Student Center, has been rescheduled to Friday, Feb. 14, from 3-5 p.m. in the Perkins Student Center.
• The Early Learning Center and the Lab Preschool are closed today, Feb. 13.
• The Black Graduate Student Association spring mixer scheduled on Feb. 13 has been postponed and will be rescheduled at a later date.
• For updates on UD shuttle bus schedules, visit the shuttle or Transportation Services websites. Information on bus schedules is also available through Shuttletracker.
• Students in the Associate in Arts Program should follow the Delaware Technical Community College schedule.
Information about any closings or schedule changes will be posted on this page. To submit information for inclusion in this list, please send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Members of the campus community should not call UD Police about closings and postponements so that telephone lines there can remain open for emergency calls.
Members of the University community are reminded that safety is UD's highest priority. Faculty, staff and students should not put themselves at risk, and employees who expect difficulty traveling should contact their supervisors.
Faculty members unable to hold class should notify their departmental offices, and students unable to attend class should contact their professors. In such cases, UD policy states that students should be allowed to make up missed class time and canceled classes should be rescheduled when possible.
The University's policy is reprinted below:
Faculty and students are not expected to take unnecessary risks to meet their teaching and learning obligations due to inclement weather. When classes have not been canceled, it is a matter of personal judgment whether traveling to campus is hazardous. Faculty should notify their departmental offices when weather precludes them from meeting their teaching obligations; similarly, students should notify their professors when inclement weather precludes them from class attendance. In such cases, students should be allowed to make up missed class time and, whenever possible, canceled classes should be rescheduled.