2014 Transformation Grants
March 1 deadline set for pre-proposals of Transformation Grants
11:49 a.m., Feb. 21, 2014--University of Delaware faculty members are encouraged to apply for a 2014 Transformation Grant to transform education with the support of innovative uses of technology. Pre-proposals are due March 1.
This year's grant program combines resources from the Center for Teaching and Assessment of Learning (CTAL) and IT Academic Technology Services (IT-ATS) to accommodate funding requests for faculty time, graduate or undergraduate student time, software and equipment.
High performance computing
Applicants are encouraged to think big, add new instructional models that are not currently available, eliminate barriers they have identified in their teaching and help define the next generation of education and technology.
Funding will be awarded on a competitive basis for proposals that best fit the goals and criteria for transforming teaching and learning through the innovative use of technology. Successful proposals will test and assess instructional techniques and technologies that have the potential to establish new practices and resources on campus -- and beyond.
Pre-proposal submission guidelines
A successful pre-proposal will convey the strength of your idea to the review committee in summary form. It’s understood that details will have to be developed for those encouraged to submit a full proposal.
For this pre-proposal stage, concisely explain your idea and emphasize its potential to be transformative. The following prompts may be helpful.
- How is your idea innovative (in your department, on our campus, etc.)?
- Why is your idea important (in your department, on our campus, etc.)?
- How is your idea adaptable for wider application beyond the first year of the transformation grant?
- Are there limitations or challenges that are inherent in taking on your project?
- March 1, 2014: Pre-proposals are due. Use this web form to submit a pre-proposal.
- March 21, 2014: Pre-proposals will receive a response.
- April 15, 2014: Full proposals are due. Before submitting a full proposal, an approved pre-proposal is required.
- May 7, 2014: Awards will be announced.
- June 2, 2014: Project development and funding will begin.
- May 29, 2015: Project completion deadline.
For more detailed information, visit the 2014 Transformation Grant website.