UD to open at 11 a.m., Feb. 14
4:48 a.m., Feb. 14, 2014--The University of Delaware is closed and will open at 11 a.m., today, Friday, Feb. 14. Essential personnel should report to work.
Classes scheduled before 11 a.m. today will not meet. Dining halls will operate on their normal schedule.
Applying biosafety standards
Facilities staff worked throughout the day Thursday and have been on the job since early Friday morning clearing campus walkways and parking lots.
Members of the University community are reminded that safety is UD's highest priority. Faculty, staff and students should not put themselves at risk, and employees who expect difficulty traveling should contact their supervisors.
Faculty members unable to hold class should notify their departmental offices, and students unable to attend class should contact their professors. In such cases, UD policy states that students should be allowed to make up missed class time and canceled classes should be rescheduled when possible.
The University's policy is reprinted below:
Faculty and students are not expected to take unnecessary risks to meet their teaching and learning obligations due to inclement weather. When classes have not been canceled, it is a matter of personal judgment whether traveling to campus is hazardous. Faculty should notify their departmental offices when weather precludes them from meeting their teaching obligations; similarly, students should notify their professors when inclement weather precludes them from class attendance. In such cases, students should be allowed to make up missed class time and, whenever possible, canceled classes should be rescheduled.
Postponements, rescheduling (updated at 5:36 a.m., Feb. 14, 2014)
• The sold-out Master Players Concert series dinner and concert will be held as scheduled this evening, Feb. 14.
• The Barnes and Noble University of Delaware Bookstore and Café, 83 East Main St., is opening at 9 a.m., Feb. 14.
• All Osher Wilmington classes and activities are canceled for Feb. 14.
• The Early Learning Center is planning to open at 10 a.m., Feb. 14.
• The Carpenter Sports Building will open at 8 a.m., Feb. 14.
• The women's basketball game vs. the College of Charleston, scheduled Feb. 13, will be played at 3 p.m., Friday, Feb. 14, at the Bob Carpenter Center. All Feb. 13 tickets for the game will be honored on Feb. 14. Patrons unable to attend Friday's game may exchange their tickets for future women's games on Feb. 16 or Feb. 20.
• Spring Activities Night, originally scheduled at 7 p.m., Feb. 13, will now be held from 3-5 p.m., Feb. 14, in the Perkins Student Center.
• The College of Engineering half-day entrepreneurship conference originally scheduled Saturday, Feb. 15, will now be held Saturday, Feb. 22.
• Students in the Associate in Arts Program should follow the Delaware Technical Community College schedule.
Information about any additional closings or schedule changes will be posted on this page. Please check back for updates. To submit information for inclusion in this list, please send email to email@example.com.