UD offers variety of spring employee wellness programs
8:48 a.m., Feb. 12, 2014--University of Delaware faculty and staff can register now for spring wellness activities offered by the Office of Human Resources’ HealthyU Employee Wellness Program.
The popular Wellness Plus package is available now through March 14 and includes registration for Be Well UDel, the spring wellness challenge, one personal training session and a Know Your Numbers screening. The discounted price of 45 Wellness Dollars represents a $10 savings compared to the cost of registering for the three programs separately.
A new service is now available for departments that would like to arrange to have 10-15 minute chair massages by a licensed massage therapist at their workplaces. Therapeutic massage helps lower stress, improves mental clarity and provides a relaxing break in the day. More information is at the HealthyU website.
Additional spring programs include:
- Be Well UDel, an eight-week wellness challenge for individuals and teams;
- Employee-only group fitness classes held during the noon hour and in the evening in several locations around campus;
- Lite Lunch workshops, offering a variety of eight wellness experiences over the lunch hour (included in the Be Well UDel challenge, or can be purchased separately;
- Desktop yoga workshop, offered to groups of five or more by appointment at campus locations; and
- Wellness coaching, in which participants work with a coach by appointment to expedite wellness goals.
To learn more and register, visit HealthyU Employee Wellness or call 831-8388.