Spring social media internships
Students can apply to join UD's social media team during spring semester
11:02 a.m., Dec. 5, 2013--This year, Forbes magazine named social media as one of the “five job skills to get you (and keep you) employed.” Similarly, U.S. News lists social media savvy as one of the “seven key skills you need to get hired right now.”
Blue Hens are invited to join the University of Delaware’s Office of Communications and Marketing social media team this spring semester
Tea with the provost
As a vital part of the team, social media interns gain professional experience, bolster their digital literacy and have opportunities to take on a range of projects.
Students interested in interning with the team during spring semester 2014 can apply for the following positions:
- Content manager (s): Content managers will run the Blue Hen Says Facebook and Twitter accounts. This includes creating content and strategies for multiple platforms, monitoring comments and interacting with Blue Hen Says’ audience members.
- Multimedia manager: The multimedia manager will shoot and edit videos, create Vine videos for the University’s account, and create graphics for various platforms such as Vine, Instagram and Pinterest.
- Special projects coordinator: The responsibilities of this position vary from semester to semester, past projects have included researching and developing new strategies, launching new platforms, assisting with planning, covering social media events on-campus and creating contests and campaigns. The special projects coordinator also oversees the #UDiversity social media initiative.
- International account coordinator: The international account coordinator creates content for the University’s Weibo account, covers international events on-campus and researches international social media trends. The international account coordinator must be able to create content in Chinese.
- Outreach coordinator: This position assists in the management of the Social Media Ambassador (SMA) program, which includes developing event calendars for SMA coverage and coordinating marketing opportunities throughout the campus community.
To apply, email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com by 7 p.m. on Wednesday, Dec. 18. All applicants should designate which position they are applying for in their cover letter.