Ice cream finalists
Vote for this year's official Alumni Weekend Dela-bration ice cream flavor
9:24 a.m., April 23, 2014--The five finalists have been chosen for the University of Delaware Alumni Weekend’s Dela-bration Ice Cream Flavor contest, and members of the campus community can decide which flavor is the cream of the crop by casting their votes at this website.
Out of 23 entries received by the UDairy Creamery and the Office of Alumni Relations, the following five flavors represent the spirit of the University of Delaware.
National Agenda 2014
Sept. 19-21: Chemical engineering at 100
The winning flavor will be revealed at the Lunch with the UD Mascots on The Green during Alumni Weekend on Saturday, June 7. The winner and a guest will receive free admission to their choice of weekend’s activities and a UDairy Creamery prize pack.
The five finalists are as follows:
• Finalist No. 1: Vanilla ice cream, peanut butter sauce, melted Nutella and crushed pretzels. (Submitted by UD employee Danielle Dolan.)
• Finalist No. 2: Lemon flavored ice cream with pieces of pie crust and blueberries. (Submitted by Elizabeth Ferrill, of the Class of 1990.)
• Finalist No. 3: Chocolate ice cream with cherries and dark chocolate chips. (Submitted by alumna and employee Kathy Roeder, of the Class of 2005.)
• Finalist No. 4: Vanilla bean base with crispy waffle chips with a maple swirl and vanilla chips. (Submitted by parent Mark LaVere.)
• Finalist No. 5: UD's corn ice cream and caramel flavor to create a caramel popcorn flavor. (Submitted by Alicia Downer, of the Class of 2008.)
Readers can cast votes now for their favorite flavor.
About UD Alumni Weekend
Held the first weekend after Commencement each year, Alumni Weekend is a tradition that is growing in popularity and in size. More than 5,000 Blue Hens and friends attended in 2013, participating in activities such as Mug Night, the Blue Hen 5K, President Patrick Harker's State of the University address and the Alumni Wall of Fame Ceremony. More information can be found at the Alumni Weekend website.
The UDairy Creamery, established in 2008, produces premium ice cream made with the milk from the cows on the farm at UD’s College of Agriculture and Natural Resources. Founded on science, sustainability and entrepreneurship, the creamery encourages discovery learning, with UD students involved in every aspect of making and selling ice cream “from the cow to the cone.”