UD names 12 seniors to 2012-13 Homecoming Court
12:48 p.m., Oct. 2, 2012--The University of Delaware has named 12 outstanding seniors to its 2012 Homecoming Court.
The seniors, who were self-nominated, were chosen through a highly selective and rigorous process. The nominees had to submit a short video about themselves, obtain 100 signatures 25 from each class to show support for their nomination and submit a short essay.
New vice president
Sea Grant council
A panel of UD staff and students reviewed each application. Students were evaluated based on quality and impact to UD by considering their extracurricular activities, cumulative grade point average, poise, presentation, video creativity and overall UD spirit and embodiment of the UD brand.
"Homecoming 2012 marks a new chapter for the University with regard to enhancing and expanding the Homecoming experience for students, alumni, faculty, staff and community members,” said Christine Scheirer, a 2009 alumna and Homecoming Student Committee adviser. “Homecoming King and Queen is just the start of what is to come.”
From Oct. 15-21, the Homecoming Court will attend many functions, including a Pep Rally on Oct. 15 and the football game on Oct. 20.
Voting for Homecoming King and Queen will be open for 24 hours only on Friday, Oct. 19. Votes can be cast online on the Homecoming website.
Those with interest can learn more about the candidates on the Homecoming website and watch their nomination videos.
Named to the 2012 Homecoming Court are:
- Nick Campagnola, biomedical engineering major;
- Marni Copeland, nutrition major with a minor in sociology;
- Melissa Deutsch, interpersonal communication major with minors in advertising, community and organizational leadership;
- Sam Katz, medical laboratory science major;
- Rachel Kushner, early childhood education major;
- Jennifer Lowe, marketing major with a minor in Spanish;
- Maria Marquez, English and Spanish studies major;
- Nicole Rasco, English, creative writing major with minors in history and theatre studies;
- Scott Scheinberg, political science education major with a minor in journalism;
- Zachary Sidrane, political science and American history major;
- Christopher Swezey, international relations and European studies major with minors in Italian language and literature; and
- Scott Zaleski, English, creative writing major.
Nominees included: Hilary Kerchner. Chave Cale. Christine Scannell, Adrienne O'Leary, Andrew Beauchemin, Ryan Di Chrstofaro, Michelle Carrera, Stephanie Reiner, Anthony Narisi, Olivia Lucas, Nicole Pomerico, Rachel Darby, Brittany Choplin, Nathaniel Riegel, Amanda , Sternberg, Kelsey Woolcott, Debonee' Rowe, Megan Rudolphi, Joelle Varner
Office of Alumni Relations
The Office of Alumni Relations is the chief liaison between the University and the worldwide alumni body of more than 151,000 living alumni represented by the UD Alumni Association. Alumni Relations coordinates major events such as Alumni Weekend, Homecoming and prestigious awards. The office also manages all volunteers and events for the regional alumni clubs across the country and is charged with creating new and exciting programs while maintaining current traditions. For more information, visit www.UDconnection.com.