WVUD and UD IT collaborate on new radio show featuring faculty, staff, students
11:45 a.m., Oct. 2, 2012--WVUD, the broadcast voice of the University of Delaware, and UD Information Technologies are collaborating to produce a new radio show that showcases UD faculty, staff and students engaged in exciting research, teaching, service projects and other activities.
Campus Voices brings fascinating conversation with members of the UD community to the airwaves and the Internet every Thursday morning at 8:30 a.m., on WVUD (91.3 FM), WVUD-1 (HD radio) and the WVUD website.
Fishing, filtering, math
Each episode is archived at the Campus Voices website and is also available as a podcast, through iTunes or any other RSS application. September’s shows, available for download now, include interviews with:
- Lori Pollock, professor in the Department of Computer and Information Sciences;
- Alan Fox, professor in the Department of Philosophy;
- Mark Rieger, dean of the College of Agriculture and Natural Sciences; and
- Jon Cox, assistant professor in the Department of Art.
October’s scheduled guests include:
- Alex Brown, supplemental faculty in the Department of Business Administration;
- Tom Powers, assistant professor, and Mark Greene, associate professor, both in the Department of Philosophy and with UD’s Center for Science, Ethics and Public Policy;
- Danna Young, assistant professor, and Lindsay Hoffman, assistant professor, both in the Department of Communication; and
- Asima Saad Maura, assistant professor in the Department of Foreign Languages and Literatures.
“WVUD is excited to be able to put the spotlight on many of the wonderful people and exciting things that make UD such a vibrant campus,” said Steve Kramarck, assistant director, University Student Centers, and WVUD station manager. “We are happy to add Campus Voices to our on-air schedule.”
Visit the Campus Voices website to view more information, including the most current broadcast schedule, or to suggest guests for upcoming episodes.