University of Delaware Library Associates elects officers for 2013
11:40 a.m., Nov. 14, 2012--The University of Delaware Library Associates, the “friends group” of the University of Delaware Library, held the annual meeting of the board of directors on Tuesday, Nov. 13, and elected officers for calendar year 2013.
The officers are as follows:
Blue and Gold Professor
For the Record, May 29, 2015
- President Wilson J. C. Braun, Jr., managing director and chairman of the Mid-Atlantic region, J.P. Morgan Private Bank;
- Senior Vice President Theodore F. Killheffer, UD Class of 1958 and private attorney;
- Vice President Edmond L. Lincoln, retired investment banker;
- Treasurer Joseph P. Melloy, Sr., president of Technology Planning Group;
- Secretary Marsha Barnett, court appointed special advocate (CASA) for the state of Delaware; and
- Assistant Secretary/Treasurer Susan Brynteson, vice provost and May Morris University Librarian at the University of Delaware.
At the meeting, Braun presented a gift check of $30,000 on behalf of the University of Delaware Library Associates to Interim Provost Nancy Brickhouse and Brynteson. The contribution will be used in its entirety to assist with the purchase of acquisitions of materials for Special Collections in the University of Delaware Library.
The University of Delaware Library Associates work to expand and enrich the research collections of the University of Delaware Library through gifts from individual members, funds raised by sponsored programs and by donations of significant books.
Contributions of the University of Delaware Library Associates assist the University of Delaware Library financially with the acquisition of rare library materials for Special Collections which otherwise could not be required. The organization also supports an annual lecture program featuring the research of a UD faculty member and sponsor an exhibition program with a reception.
The Library Associates sponsor an annual fund-raising dinner that includes a presentation by an author of national acclaim. Members of the Library Associates receive a semi-annual Newsletter of the University of Delaware Library Associates.
The University of Delaware Library Associates welcomes new members. Contributions begin at $35 per year and include a special rate of $5 per year for students. The membership brochure of the Library Associates is available via the library website.
To request a printed membership brochure, interested persons can send an email message to UDLA@udel.edu or contact Library Administration at 302-831-2231.
Photos by Evan Krape