Blue Cross Blue Shield of Delaware is now Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield Delaware
1:34 p.m., May 1, 2013--Effective May 2013, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Delaware will now be referred to as Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield Delaware (Highmark Delaware). This change reflects the new affiliation with Highmark Inc.
It is important to note that the name change does not change employees’ eligibility or benefits, according to the University of Delaware Office of Human Resources. Through this new relationship with Highmark, members will have access to enhanced capabilities after the system transition is completed this spring. These include sophisticated web-based services, such as online provider cost information, and innovative health and wellness programs.
Faculty and Staff Campaign
Dissertation boot camp
The transition to Highmark Delaware in May will result in new ID cards for all current members as well as ID cards for employees electing a new or different Highmark Delaware plan during open enrollment for the plan year beginning July 1.
Below are several important changes related to the new ID cards issued as part of the Highmark Delaware transition and for the plan year beginning July 1:
- A separate ID card will be provided for each covered dependent. The employee’s name will appear on the left side of the card and the dependent’s name will appear on the right side of the card.
- There will be no reference to the “state of Delaware” as an employer on the new ID cards. New group numbers will be listed on the new ID cards.
- Employees enrolled in or who will enroll in the Blue Care HMO plan will have the name of their primary care provider (PCP) listed on the ID card.
- Those who make any changes to their health care coverage or personal data during this year’s open enrollment (May 13-29) will receive another new Highmark Delaware ID card in June for use beginning July 1.
- Please disregard any references to Express Scripts in the materials received from Highmark Delaware, as the state of Delaware works separately with Express Scripts (formerly Medco) to fulfill pharmacy needs. Continue to use the state of Delaware Medco prescription drug ID card when filling prescriptions, as Express Scripts will not issue new ID cards during open enrollment or for the plan year beginning July 1.
For those who are enrolled in a Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield Delaware plan, a new Highmark Delaware ID card or cards will be mailed to your home address (as currently on file with the University).
Employees may start using their new Highmark Delaware ID card on May 18, whenever they or a covered dependent receive health care services. It is important to provide the new ID card to health care providers when receiving services on or after this date, as this is critical to having member claims processed correctly and timely.
If your home address (as shown on the most recent UD pay stub) needs to be updated, log in to UD Web Forms and complete the “HR Employee Emergency Notification” web form. Once the information is updated in the University’s HR records, it will be electronically transmitted to health, prescription drug, dental and vision benefit providers. Updating address information as soon as possible will minimize delays in members receiving new ID cards.