April 1-7: National Public Health Week
Nationwide public health event aimed at saving lives, saving money
This year’s theme is “Public Health is ROI: Save Lives, Save Money.” The theme was developed to highlight the value of prevention and the importance of well-supported public health systems in preventing disease, saving lives, and curbing health care spending.
Philly Flower Show
For the Record, March 7, 2014
Led by Mia Papas, assistant professor in the Department of Behavioral Health and Nutrition, UD’s NPHW events include the following topics:
- Monday: Health and Safety in the Home
- Tuesday: Safe Environment for Children at School
- Wednesday: Creating a Healthy Workplace
- Thursday: Protecting You While You’re on the Move
- Friday: Empowering a Healthy Community
Specific activities include a CPR demonstration, a movie, free self-defense and fitness classes, and information kiosks in the Trabant University Center Multipurpose Room.
The events are sponsored by the Public Health Club and the Health Behavior Science Club.
Article by Diane Kukich