Campus Microsoft license explained
Changes to Microsoft Work at Home licenses for UD
3:08 p.m., March 7, 2013--The University of Delaware has signed and paid for a campus-wide Microsoft Enrollment for Education Solutions (EES) agreement. The major benefit of the agreement is that University departments may download software and install it on any University-owned system without additional payment.
The following terms of the EES agreement are the same as those contained in the previous Microsoft agreement:
Shuttle bus service
- Permanent UD faculty and staff may install Microsoft Office and Windows software on any University-owned computer.
- The software is available from the University’s UDeploy software server at no cost to UD departments.
- Software acquired under this agreement must be used only for University-related work. It is not for personal use.
The Work at Home provisions of the EES agreement are different from those of the previous Microsoft license:
- Microsoft now requires that software installed on a personally owned system be downloaded from a Microsoft Digital Distribution Partner. (Work at Home purchase information)
- Those who installed Microsoft software on a personally owned computer under the terms of the previous Microsoft agreement must remove the software and download a new copy and a new activation key to fulfill the terms of the University's current Microsoft agreement.
- There is a nominal charge for installing Work at Home software on a personally owned system currently under $10 per license.
- Software acquired under the current EES agreement must be used only for University-related work. It is not for personal use.
Individual University students, faculty and staff who wish to purchase Microsoft software for personal use can take advantage of the University Bookstore's academic pricing agreement with the Journeyed.com campus e-store.
For more information, read UD Information Technologies’ help page, Microsoft Volume Licensing Enrollment for Education Solutions. You can also contact the IT Support Center. (Submit a Help Request; call 302-831-6000; email firstname.lastname@example.org.)