Feb. 13, 20: FSAP workshop
'Managing Work, Life with Children with Disabilities' workshop set
8:05 a.m., Jan. 31, 2013--The Faculty and Staff Assistance Program (FSAP) at the University of Delaware will offer a workshop on “Managing Work and Life with Children with Disabilities” on Wednesdays, Feb. 13 and 20.
The target audience is all UD faculty and staff who are parents of children with disabilities, or who want to expand their knowledge on this topic.
Suspect in jail
Facilitated by experts in the field -- Phyllis Guinivan, Terri Hancharick and Annalisa Ekbladh from UD’s Center for Disabilities Studies -- the two-part workshop will explore:
- Stressors and life events that can complicate work/life balance;
- How perceptions of disability can impact outcomes for the family;
- The rights that children with disabilities and special health care needs have related to education and health care;
- Supports and resources in the community; and
- How to achieve balance and harmony with the family.
Each session will take place from noon-1 p.m. on Wednesdays, Feb. 13, and 20, at 413 Academy Street, Room 261.
For further questions call FSAP at 831-2414. To register click here.
About the Faculty and Staff Assistance Program
The University’s Faculty and Staff Assistance Program helps employees cope with a variety of work stress/conflict, life situations (relationships, family, grief, etc.), and mental health issues (depression/anxiety; drug or alcohol abuse, etc.).