Blue Hens Forever
University's Office of Alumni Relations seeks Student Alumni Ambassadors
3:16 p.m., Feb. 8, 2013--The University of Delaware Office of Alumni Relations is seeking enthusiastic undergraduate students to be UD Student Alumni Ambassadors.
Ambassadors plan activities to engage the UD alumni population, bolster UD spirit and pride, and carry on the “Blue Hens Forever” tradition.
For the Record, May 22, 2015
Those who are interested in becoming a UD Student Alumni Ambassador (UDSAA) can click here for more information and to fill out the online application. The link to the application is at the bottom of the page, and applications are due by 5 p.m., Monday, Feb. 18.
“Becoming a UDSAA is a great way to network and foster relationships within the greater UD alumni population, find a mentor, gain skills, build your résumé and show pride as a Blue Hen Forever,” an Office of Alumni Relations representative said.
The role of the UDSAAs is to foster connections between alumni and students by interacting with alumni and by encouraging students to consider their role as future alumni. They do this by:
- Supporting and assisting the Office of Alumni Relations as a professional student organization;
- Acting as liaisons between the University/student population and the greater alumni population of over 157,000 UD graduates;
- Creating and sustaining meaningful relationships with UD alumni, who in turn can become mentors to the UDSAAs and other students;
- Supporting and assisting Development and Alumni Relations by serving as student hosts at events of importance to the University community;
- Planning and participating in school spirit activities at which alumni are present; and
- Aspiring to become active UD alumni whose lives will reflect positively on the University.
Visit the website for more information and the online application.