HealthyU announces fall fitness class line-up for UD employees
2:23 p.m., Aug. 17, 2012--The University of Delaware Office of Human Resources' Employee Wellness Program encourages UD employees to get the 2012-13 academic year off to a healthy start by participating in employee-only fitness classes.
Registration is now open and faculty and staff may use their Wellness Dollar benefit to purchase seven-weeks of classes, scheduled to begin Monday, Sept. 10.
Little Bob closing
The Fall I session will continue from Sept. 10 through Thursday, Oct. 25.
Fall I class offerings include:
• No Sweat Express – Break away from the desk and re-energize with exercises designed to increase flexibility, muscle strength and endurance. This workout is effective and efficient.
• Zumba – Offering a way to burn calories and have fun, this workout combines high energy and motivating music with synchronized dance movements designed for any fitness level.
• Circuit/Boot Camp – Participants can pace themselves or go the limit in this ultimate morning workout to improve both cardiovascular and muscular strength/endurance in boot camp style. No matter where a participant is starting from, this workout will help them get stronger and fitter.
• Sunrise Stretch – Start the workday feeling refreshed. This class will move your whole body through a complete series of flexibility and relaxation exercises.
• STEP and Abs – This class consists of choreographed step patterns and will conclude with a segment of abdominal and core exercises.
• Strength and Tone – Designed to strengthen all the major muscle groups with simple athletic moves and a variety of equipment, including weights, medicine balls and body bars.
For more information about these programs and to register, visit the HealthyU website or call 831-8388.
Photo by Ambre Alexander