April 25: Weinberg panel
Weinberg Center to host corporate governance panel
7:01 p.m., April 4, 2013--The John L. Weinberg Center for Corporate Governance at the University of Delaware will host a panel titled “Non-Profit Governance Best Practices” from 9:30-11:30 a.m., Thursday, April 25, in Gore Recital Hall on UD’s Newark Campus.
The panel will review non-profit governance with particular emphasis on increasing transparency through better public disclosure.
Through July 31: 'Margaret Walker' exhibition
July 31: Ragtime and jazz concert
Specifically, the panel will examine a model of disclosure created by Sheffield Hale, former chief counsel of the American Cancer Society, as well as general best practice governance standards applicable to non-profits.
To engage a lively debate around these governance issues, panelists include:
- Harvey P. Dale, University Professor of Philanthropy and the Law, and director, National Center on Philanthropy and the Law, New York University School of Law;
- Henry B. duPont, IV, president of the Board of Trustees, Hagley Museum and Library;
- Amy L. Goodman, partner, Gibson Dunn & Crutcher LLP;
- F. Sheffield Hale, president and CEO, Atlanta History Center;
- Leo I. Higdon Jr., president, Connecticut College;
- Jack Jacobs, justice, Delaware Supreme Court;
- David B. H. Martin, partner, Covington & Burling LLP;
- Raymond J. McGuire, head, Global Banking, Citigroup, Inc.;
- Michael W. Peregrine, partner, McDermott Will & Emery LLP; and
- David P. Roselle, director, Winterthur Museum, Garden & Library, and president emeritus, University of Delaware.
Charles M. Elson, Edgar S. Woolard Jr. Chair in Corporate Governance and director of the Weinberg Center, will moderate the panel.
A complimentary buffet lunch will follow the program.
There is no charge for the program but as space is limited; anyone who plans to attend should register online no later than Wednesday, April 17.
Materials and additional information will be forwarded in advance of the panel. Where applicable, DE CLE credits will be provided.