Wall of Fame
Eight University graduates to be inducted into UDAA Alumni Wall of Fame
3:06 p.m., May 21, 2012--Eight distinguished individuals will be inducted into the University of Delaware Alumni Association’s Alumni Wall of Fame on Saturday, June 2, as part of Alumni Weekend.
The ceremony is scheduled at 4:30 p.m. in the Gore Recital Hall of the Roselle Center for the Arts, followed by a reception from 5:30-7 p.m. in the lobby. This event is open to the public and pre-registration is required online or by calling 302-831-2341.
Neutron scattering experts
In recognition of the many notable achievements of its alumni, the University and the University of Delaware Alumni Association established the Alumni Wall of Fame in 1984. The Wall of Fame recognizes outstanding professional and public service achievements by University of Delaware graduates.
The 2012 inductees are:
- William C. Carpenter, Jr., a 1973 graduate who is a judge in the Superior Court of Delaware;
- John R. Collins, a 1980 graduate who is executive vice president, partner and chief financial officer, Enduring Hydro, LLC;
- Margaret Loew Craft, a 1977 master's graduate who is senior objects conservator, Walters Art Museum, Baltimore;
- Scott K. Goodell, a 1976 graduate who is president and chief executive officer, Energy Insurance Mutual, Ltd.;
- David R. Helwig, a 1973 graduate who is president, Helwig Consulting Services, LLC;
- Evelyn Maurmeyer, the first woman to attain a master of science degree (1974) and doctorate (1978) in geology from UD, and an advocate for women in the sciences nationally and owner of an environmental consulting business;
- Gordon A. Pfeiffer, a 1956 graduate who is retired senior vice president, commercial loans, Mellon Bank (DE); and
- Janet A. Smith, who received a doctorate in 1995 and is a retired associate professor and associate chair, College of Health Sciences, University of Delaware.
Held the first weekend after Commencement each year, Alumni Weekend is a tradition that is growing in popularity and in size. More than 3,000 Blue Hens and friends attended in 2011, participating in activities such as Mug Night, the Blue Hen 5K, President Patrick Harker's State of the University address and the Alumni Wall of Fame Ceremony.
UD Alumni Association
All University of Delaware graduates are automatically inducted into the UD Alumni Association (UDAA) upon graduation, symbolized by a pinning ceremony at Commencement. The UDAA is proudly dedicated to engaging the entire alumni community by fostering a tradition of lifelong loyalty and commitment to UD. The UDAA provides exceptional value and ongoing support to alumni worldwide by expanding benefits available to alumni, supporting regional and affinity club events, recognizing alumni and their accomplishments and more.
Office of Alumni Relations
The Office of Alumni Relations is the chief liaison between the University and the worldwide alumni body of more than 151,000 living alumni represented by the UD Alumni Association. Alumni Relations coordinates major events such as Alumni Weekend, reunions and prestigious alumni awards. The office also manages all volunteers and events for the regional alumni clubs across the country and around the world. For more information, visit www.UDconnection.com.