June 21: D.C. alumni event
Washington Conversations and Connections alumni event announced
11:54 a.m., June 13, 2012--Following the success of the first Conversations and Connections event held last fall in New York City, the University of Delaware Office of Alumni Relations and the Washington, D.C., Alumni Club will host a second such event in the nation's capital.
The Washington Conversations and Connections will be held on Thursday, June 21, at 6 p.m., at the law offices of Mayer Brown LLP, 1999 K Street, NW, Washington, D.C.
May 23: Ocean Currents Lecture
May 24: Adelante
Immediately following the program will be a post-event reception at the Black Rooster Pub, 1919 L Street, NW, near the Mayer Brown offices.
Limited spaces for this exclusive networking event are still available. Register online or call 302-831-2341.
University alumni and students alike will have the opportunity to network with UD leaders in Washington and beyond.
Panelists and speakers will include:
- Jennifer H. Allen, a 1993 graduate and vice president and associate general counsel, BAE Systems.
- Chester (Chip) Davis, Jr., a 1990 graduate and executive vice president for advocacy, Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers Association of America.
- UD President Patrick T. Harker.
- Maria Honeycutt, a 1997 graduate who received a doctorate in oceanography from UD in 2003 and serves as a coastal hazards specialist with the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration’s Coastal Services Center.
- Raymond A. Jacobsen, Jr., a 1971 graduate and law partner of McDermott Will and Emery LLP.
- Grace Thompson Leong, a 1988 graduate and managing partner, Hunter Public Relations.
- Michael O’Neill, a 1982 graduate and executive director, Morgan Stanley Private Wealth Management.
- Adrian L. Steel, Jr., law partner of Mayer Brown LLP and UD parent.
- Bruce W. Weber, dean of the Alfred Lerner College of Business and Economics.
Also, invitations have been extended to Vice President Joseph R. Biden, Jr., a 1965 graduate, and alumnus David Plouffe, senior adviser to President Barack Obama.
“The D.C. Alumni Club is committed to offering a resource and forum for networking and professional growth to our alumni and students,” said Kristopher Schroeder, a 2000 graduate and president of the D.C. Alumni Club. “Networking is at the heart of career success, and our club and alumni speakers are happy to meet with alumni and support them in their professional development.”
The Conversations and Connections event is sponsored by the University of Delaware Alumni Association, Kaplan Test Prep and Mayer Brown LLP.
More information is available at the Office of Alumni Relations website.
Photos by Evan Krape