Feb. 21-May 1: SPPA speaker series
School of Public Policy and Administration holds 11th annual speaker series
Now in its 11th year, the speaker series brings an esteemed cadre of legislators and experts to campus to address pressing issues and trends in public policy.
Philly Flower Show
For the Record, March 7, 2014
This year’s series focuses on “Leadership, Service and Policy,” and Congressman John Carney, an alumnus of the master's in public administration program, delivered the first lecture on Tuesday, Feb. 21.
Edward Freel, a policy scientist in the Institute for Public Administration, calls the series “an opportunity to meet, hear from and interact with practitioners and academics in a range of different issue areas.”
The lecture series consists of seven events:
- Feb 21: U.S. Rep. John C. Carney, 5 p.m., 206 Kirkbride Hall.
- March 6: Adjutant General Francis Vavala, 5 p.m., 004 Kirkbride Hall.
- March 13: Prof. Marc Holzer, 5 p.m., 004 Kirkbride Hall.
- March 20: Gov. Jack Markell, 6 p.m., Gore Recital Hall, Roselle Center for the Arts.
- April 3: U.S. Sen. Chris Coons, 5 p.m., Gore Recital Hall, Roselle Center for the Arts.
- April 12: Chancellor Leo Strine, 5 p.m., 004 Kirkbride Hall.
- May 1: U.S. Sen. Tom Carper, 5 p.m., Gore Recital Hall, Roselle Center for the Arts.
The lectures are free and open to the public.
Lecture locations are subject to change, and any changes will be posted at the School of Public Policy and Administration website. Following the lectures will be question and answer sessions with the speakers.