Equity, diversity awards
Office of Equity and Inclusion announces award deadlines, new student awards
10 a.m., Feb. 28, 2012--The University of Delaware’s Office of Equity and Inclusion has announced the spring deadlines for upcoming awards.
Each year, several awards are given to deserving individuals or groups who go above and beyond to promote equity and diversity at UD.
Social media: #SMWNYC
Nomination deadline for all awards is Wednesday, April 4. Award recipients will be announced the last week of April and will be honored at a luncheon in May.
Nomination submissions can be sent electronically to email@example.com or mailed to the Office of Equity and Inclusion at 305 Hullihen Hall.
Click on the links below to download the nomination forms and eligibility requirements in PDF format. The awards that comprise the annual diversity awards are:
- The Louis L. Redding Diversity Award recognizes UD individuals or units whose efforts have promoted, enhanced and implemented diversity programs or activities that have resulted in a significant change in the campus climate and/or composition within the University community.
- The E. Arthur Trabant Award for Women's Equity is an award given to an individual, department, administrative unit, or committee that has made an exceptional contribution to equity for women at UD.
- The Bessie Collins Award will be given to a matriculated woman who is over 22 years old, has a minimum grade point average of 3.0, demonstrates future promise, and who has overcome special difficulties in pursuing her goals.
- The Mae Carter Scholars Scholarship will be awarded to an undergraduate or graduate woman student who has attended UD for at least one year with a minimum GPA of 3.0 and evidence of work to advance the status of women at the University.
- The Student Ambassadors of Diversity Awards are two newly added awards that recognize a student and an established student group for their efforts to celebrate diversity on campus. The individual recipient will receive a scholarship valued at $400. Group recipients will receive $600 of funding for additional resources to utilize in pursuit of furthering diversity initiatives.
Those with questions regarding the diversity awards can contact the Office of Equity and Inclusion at 831-8063.