STEM database workshops
University of Delaware Library offers database workshops in STEM subjects
9:25 a.m., Dec. 19, 2011--The University of Delaware Library will provide a series of database workshops for scientists and engineers during Winter Session.
UD researchers in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) areas including biochemistry, biotechnology, chemistry, engineering, physics and the life sciences are the primary audience.
First Friday Roundtable
The workshops will focus on some of the more sophisticated features of the databases and will include hands-on practice.
All workshops will be held in Room 116A on the first floor of the Morris Library, at 1:30 p.m. The schedule of workshops is as follows:
- Tuesday, Jan. 3: Scifinder provides web access to the resources of the CAS (Chemical Abstracts Service), specifically Chemical Abstracts.
- Tuesday, Jan. 10: Web of Knowledge (Web of Science) provides access to the ISI Citation Indexes and Journal Citation Reports.
- Thursday, Jan. 12: Knovel is a virtual technical library of sci-tech reference books and tables that includes more than 800 reference books and databases.
- Tuesday, Jan. 17: Springer Protocols is a database of laboratory research protocols.
- Thursday, Jan. 19: Inspec is the leading bibliographic database concentrating on electrical and electronic engineering, physics, information technology, and computer and control systems.
The workshops are available at no charge and are open to UD students, faculty and staff. No registration is required.
Questions about the workshops may be sent to Catherine Wojewodzki, librarian and coordinator, Chemistry and Physics Libraries, Reference Department, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 831-8085.