UD class reunions
Milestone class reunions to be held during UD Alumni Weekend
2:04 p.m., April 10, 2012--The University of Delaware Classes of 1962, 1987, 1992, 1997, 2002 and 2007 will be celebrating their milestone reunions during Alumni Weekend 2012, to be held June 1-3.
Classmates, friends and family are invited to join fellow Blue Hens, who will be celebrating in style.
A model of leadership
For the Record, Oct. 9, 2015
Information on the specific class reunions is below. Those who plan to attend can register and learn more by visiting the reunions section of the Alumni Weekend website.
Alumni weekend class reunions, Saturday, June 2
- Class of 1962 50-Year Reunion Celebration, Saturday, 6-11 p.m., Roselle Center for the Arts, $25.
- Class of 1987 25-Year Reunion Celebration, Saturday, 6-9 p.m., Deer Park Tavern, second floor, $25.
- Class of 1992 20-Year Reunion Celebration, Saturday, 6:30-9:30 p.m., Klondike Kate's, second floor, $20.
- Class of 1997 15-Year Reunion Celebration, Saturday, 5-7 p.m., Kildare's Irish Pub, 45 E. Main St., above Grotto, $10.
- Class of 2002 10-Year Reunion Celebration, Saturday, 7-10 p.m., The Green, $25.
- Class of 2007 5-Year Reunion Celebration, Saturday 7-10 p.m., The Green, $25.
A representative of UD's Office of Alumni Relations said reunions "provide excellent opportunities to come together with classmates and friends, expand your professional network, get in-depth UD news, visit campus and share in growing university traditions."
Alumni Relations is also looking for Blue Hens who are interested in planning next year's reunions. Those who are interested in helping plan their class reunions, and who are members of the Classes of 1963, 1988, 1993, 1998, 2003 or 2008, can contact UD Alumni Relations via email at UDfirstname.lastname@example.org or call 302-831-2341.
Held the first weekend after Commencement each year, Alumni Weekend is a tradition that is growing in popularity and size. More than 3,000 Blue Hens and friends attended in 2011, participating in activities such as Mug Night, the Blue Hen 5K, President Patrick Harker's State of the University address and the Alumni Wall of Fame Ceremony.
Office of Alumni Relations
The Office of Alumni Relations is the chief liaison between the University and the worldwide alumni body of more than 151,000 living alumni represented by the UD Alumni Association. Alumni Relations coordinates major events such as Alumni Weekend, reunions and prestigious alumni awards. The office also manages all volunteers and events for the regional alumni clubs across the country and around the world. For more information, visit www.UDconnection.com.