10 to be inducted into Wall of Fame
11:34 a.m., May 11, 2011--Ten distinguished individuals will be inducted into the University of Delaware Alumni Wall of Fame on Saturday, June 4, as part of Alumni Weekend.
The ceremony is scheduled at 4:30 p.m. in the Gore Recital Hall of the Roselle Center for the Arts, followed by a reception from 5:30-7 p.m. in the lobby.
In recognition of the many notable achievements of its alumni, the University and the University of Delaware Alumni Association established the Alumni Wall of Fame in 1984. The Wall of Fame recognizes outstanding professional and public service achievements by University of Delaware graduates.
The 2011 inductees are
• Leon W. Adams, a 1941 graduate who was a retired agent/broker with the Travelers Insurance Companies (awarded posthumously);
• Douglas Blonsky, a 1981 graduate who is president and Central Park administrator for the Central Park Conservancy;
• John E. Eckerson, a 1987 graduate who is owner of Claren Road Asset Management;
• Edgar N. Johnson Jr., who earned his bachelor's degree in 1967 and his master's degree in 1970 and is an associate professor of sports management at UD;
• Nancy Lee Karibjanian, a 1980 graduate who is a journalist and adjunct professor at UD;
• Rita Mariani Landgraf, a 1980 graduate who is secretary of health and social services for the state of Delaware;
• James H. Miller, a 1977 graduate who is chairman, president and CEO of PPL Corp.;
• John W. Morgan III, a 1979 graduate who is lieutenant general and chief of staff at NATO Headquarters Allied Forces in the U.S. Army;
• Patricia Orris Robertson, who earned her master's degree in 1972 and is director and co-founder of NanoDrop Technologies Inc.; and
• Suzanne McMahon Sears, a 1978 graduate who is vice president of marketing for Kimberly-Clark Corp.
To attend the ceremony and reception, register by visiting the Alumni Wall of Fame website.