8:31 a.m., Feb. 15, 2011----“Behind the Scenes of My First Job” will be the theme of a career event to be held from 3:30-5 p.m., Wednesday, Feb. 23, in Room 130 Smith Hall.
Five guest speakers will provide information on what it is like to work after college, sharing first-hand experiences and answer questions.
The event is open to students in all classes and in all majors.
Guests will be:
* Riley Stricklin, ESPN, 2010 intern;
* Lauren Heller, Macy's, district merchant;
* Jamie Lugo, Microsoft, staffing consultant;
* Vaughn Dickinson, Pepsi, area vice president and general manager; and
* Tricia Johnston, Daily Local News, West Chester, Pa., advertising director.
The event is sponsored by Macy's and presented by the University of Delaware Career Services Center and the Excel Program, a comprehensive academic and financial support programs for students in the Alfred Lerner College of Business and Economics.