Your Safety is our most important concern
For your safety and that of others, thank you for observing the following:
- Stay back from the curb until the bus comes to a complete stop.
- Cross the street behind the bus. This helps you to see, and to be seen by other motorists.
- Do not walk between two stopped buses.
- When driving another vehicle, do not pass a stopped bus unless you are in a passing zone.
- Be ready to get on or off the bus when it stops. Drivers are instructed not to open the doors again once they begin to re-enter traffic.
- Drivers are instructed to load and unload at bus stops only.
- If standing, please move to the center of the bus. Drivers are instructed not to move the bus with people standing in unsafe locations on the bus.
University of Delaware bus drivers take pride in their ability to prevent accidents each day. Your driver is a trained, professional bus operator.
Biking in Newark
Remember that you can combine transit and biking easily by using the bike racks on many UD Shuttle buses. All DART buses are also equipped with bike racks.
But while you're biking around town, we want you to aware and safe. For more information on biking in Newark, visit our page on Alternative Transportation.
» University Shuttle Buses run on an abbreviated schedule during University break periods. Buses do not run when University offices are closed. For holidays or special events (e.g. final exam periods), check the Holiday & Special Routes page, updated throughout the year.
» Follow, Website, or Shuttletracker?
It's your choice how you follow Parking and Transportation news, but be sure you're getting the latest, official word.
- Follow us on Twitter @GetAroundUD
- Check the website at www.udel.edu/bus
- Track your bus and get announcements via the Shuttletracker
» If you didn't hear it here, just ask us.