Graduate students who wish to park on campus in other than pay-to-park facilities are required to have a valid parking permit for their vehicle. Daily permits are available to all Commuting Students who do not wish to register for a regular parking permit because they do not normally drive to campus but find, on occasion, that the use of a vehicle is a necessity. The permit can be purchased online or at the Parking Services office prior to parking on campus, and will be valid for the same parking privileges as a regular parking permit for which the person could register. The Daily permit must be properly displayed. Daily parking permits are non-refundable. Some daily permits are not available online.
Monthly parking permits for a parking garage may be purchased if space is available. This permit allows 24/7 parking in the garage but does not have any other parking options on campus and no hangtag permit is issued. An access card will be issued; if necessary; in lieu of a UD ID card to access the lot. Monthly permits may not be renewed based on space availability in the garage.
Living off Campus
Graduate commuters may purchase a gate, Pearson, central, gray, red, or a night/weekend permit. Purchasing your permit for the full year is more cost effective than purchasing for shorter time frames. The Gray lots are seperated into Gray-North and Gray- East sub-categories. This allows better control of the number of permit sales for each area. Gray permits are valid in all gray lots including the other sub-category (north or east). Graduate gate permits are issued for the academic or annual year only, are valid in red lots, and in non-restricted lots after 5 p.m. on weekdays and on weekends. Students use their University ID card to access the garage; options include 24/7 access to the Trabant, Perkins or Center for the Arts Garage. A monthly garage permit is also available, though it has not other parking privleges associated with it.
Evening and Weekends
- A red permit holder may park in unrestricted lots after 5 p.m. and on weekends.
- Night/Weekend permits are valid in non-restricted lots after 5 PM, all day on weekends, and university holidays. It has no parking privileges on campus during restricted hours.
- Current permit holders can request access via their UD ID card from 5:45 PM - 2 AM Monday through Friday, all day on weekends and holidays to the following gate lots 37C Amstel gate, 34C Library Gate and 53C Haines Street Gate.
Living on Campus
- Graduate students living on campus can only purchase a resident student permit. Teaching assistants and research assistants are eligible for central, gray, or red lot privileges in addition to a resident lot.
- To ensure the closest available resident lot, it is best to register for a resident permit early. If you are a Teaching Assistant or Research Assistant, central, gray, or red lot privileges will also be assigned.
- Graduate students with a stipend may choose payroll deduction as a payment option at the beginning of the fall semester. If registering in advance, your stipend for the upcoming year must be in SIS by August 1. If it is not, the permit price will be charged to your student account.