The printing fee plan applies to all members of the campus community
(students, staff, and faculty) who have
a valid UD ID card and print
in a computing site.
The printing fee
plan allows a UD student to print a specific number of "images" (one
side of a piece of paper) for free before incurring fee-based printing:
- Free printing: 100
free "images" per
- Every 6 month
period (January 1–June 30 and July 1–December
31), you can print 100 free "images" at no cost.
- After your free allocation is used, printing fees are charged to
your UD FLEX account (see
fee-based printing below).
- Fee-based printing: Rates apply to all individuals.
(Carry-over of unused free page allocation is not provided.)
Use VendPrint to Manage Printing Fees
The following locations use the VendPrint system
to manage printing. Unless otherwise indicated, these locations
charge for printing.
- Alison West, room 205
- Brown Lab, room 210
- Cannon Lab, Lewis Campus, room 205
- Carpenter Sports Building, room 119
- Colburn Lab, rooms 105, 046
- Delaware Field House, room 202
- Jastak-Burgess Hall, room 006
- McDowell Hall, room 111/113
- Memorial Hall, rooms 028, 033
- Morris Library, SMDC, Lower Level, room 055
- Pearson Hall, room 305
- Perkins Student Center Lobby
- Purnell Hall, rooms 114, 026
- Recitation Hall, room 203
- Rodney Commons
- Smith Hall, rooms 002, 004, 040
- Townsend Hall, rooms 004, 006, 007
- Trabant University Center Lobby
Your UD ID Card, Print Release
Station, and FLEX Account
You will need your valid UD ID to print in the sites listed above because
you must swipe your ID card through a card reader connected to a print
The print release station works together with your ID
card and your FLEX account:
- The first 100 "images" you print will be charged against a "free
printing allocation" that will be associated with your FLEX account.
- After you exhaust your free printing allocation, the printing charges
will be charged to your actual FLEX account.
do not have funds in your FLEX account, you will not be able to print
after your free printing allocation is used.
You may add money to
your FLEX account in a number of ways and at different
locations on campus.
How to Claim Your Print Job
at a Site
To claim your print job, follow these steps:
- After you select the Print option in your application,
go to the print release station.
- Highlight your print job on the screen—check that the
print job is yours, so you don't accidentally print someone else's
- Click Start Printing.
- Swipe your ID through the card reader.
- Delete any duplicate print jobs.
You will only see your actual FLEX account balance after your free printing
allocation is depleted.
Check with a site assistant if you have questions about how to use the
print release station.