Using UD's P.O. Box Application
Posting a Message to Major or Minor Lists
Note: Majors lists are "active" for the current academic term only. Because students' academic standing factors into list membership, these lists can not exist in future terms.
Also note: When Winter and Summer terms are the active terms, the Majors lists include all students in a Major and not just the students enrolled in that particular term.
- Go to http://www.udel.edu/pobox and log in with your UDelNet ID and password. (Directions)
- Locate the mailing lists to which you wish to post a message. In this example, a faculty member has chosen four mailing lists for Sophomores.
Tip: If the faculty member had wanted to see all the lists for sophomores, he could have applied a P. O. Box Filter, for example, sophomore (keyword) and program (type of list):
- After you have selected the mailing lists, select Post a Message.
- In the Content portion of the Post a Message page, type the subject of your message in the Subject: textbox and the body of your message in the Message Body: textbox.
- If you wish to specify either a recipient to receive a carbon copy of the message or alternate information about the sender, click the triangles next to Carbon Copies and/or Alternate Sender Address.
Note that all addresses specified must be udel.edu addresses--either @udel.edu or @domain.udel.edu. Remember: the P. O. Box service is for official University use only.
- When done editing the message, subject, carboned recipients, and alternate addresses, click the Post button. All members of the mailing lists you selected will receive the message.