Global Study Programs Offered
Undergrad and grad majors
Students & Alumni
Career Treks to NYC,
Philly, DC & Wilmington
The University of Delaware Career Services Center is committed to helping you increase brand awareness and to connect with our talented pool.
We can help you:
- Connect with UD departments, units, and student organizations.
- Recruit from a pool of talented undergraduate and graduate students.
- Tap into a highly capable network of Blue Hen alumni.
- Advance your brand on campus.
Get started today by contacting the Employer Relations Team.
PORTRAIT OF A BLUE HEN
ENROLLMENT & CURRICULUM
23,774 students enrolled in seven colleges.
Find more facts & figures about Blue Hen talent here.
• Top 20% of Forbes Americas’ Top Colleges
• Best Colleges for Veterans, U.S. News
• Top 15% Best Business Programs, U.S. News
• Top 30% Best Engineering, U.S. News
• Top 27% UD Global University Ranking, U.S. News - Best Global Universities Rankings
Increase your brand at University of Delaware through targeted events. Career Services offers a variety of options to engage students throughout colleges, departments, and student organizations. In addition to the traditional information session, choose from an assortment of branding opportunities, such as holding networking events or hosting career building workshops.
- Schedule an information session or information table
- Hold a professional networking event to expose candidates to a variety of careers with your organization
- Partner with student organizations to host a skill-building workshop to help student prepare for a career in your industry
- Partner with us to create a customized event to suit the needs of your organization
- Host your events around the university career fairs and meet-ups to maximize the visibility of your organization
- Pair events with your on-campus interviews by hosting a Pre-Interview Information Session
- Specify majors and/or target specific populations by college, degree level, and class
Log into to your Handshake employer account and select “Request Event” to get started. Career Services will coordinate the logistics of room scheduling, food, and advertising to your audience.
Contact – The Events Team for more information or to create your customized event.
HOST A SITE VISIT:
We are always looking for interesting sites to bring a group of students and faculty/staff to visit. During these tours, the host employer typically arranges a tour and opportunities to hear firsthand from current employees, including interns, about their roles. If interested, please contact The Events Team.
Each year approximately 200 organizations come to the University of Delaware to conduct interviews with our talented students at our facility. The On-Campus Interview Program uses a pre-screening process to allow employers to select only those candidates who meet their hiring criteria. Interview dates must be set a minimum of 4 weeks in advance.
All interviews are held during business hours:
Monday - Friday, 8:30am - 4:30pm
FALL SEMESTER ON-CAMPUS INTERVIEW DATES:
Monday, August 20, 2018 through Friday, December 7, 2018
WINTER/SPRING SEMESTER ON-CAMPUS INTERVIEW DATES:
Monday, January 7, 2019 through Monday, May 20, 2019
Closed for Spring Break - March 29, 2019 through April 2, 2019
- Log in to HANDSHAKE to post your open positions and request an interview date.
- Upon approval of your job posting and interview date, students will be able to view your position in Handshake.
- Up to 14 days prior to the interview date: Students can submit resumes and other required documents online for consideration by organizations.
- 14-8 days prior to the interview date: Organizations review submitted documents and E-mail selected students to sign up for an interview.
- 7-2 days prior to the interview date: Selected students can sign up online for their interview time.
- 2 days prior to the interview date: Selected alternate students can sign up online for their interview time.
- 1 day prior to interview date: Interview schedules are "frozen." Any changes or cancellations must be made by contacting the Talent Recruiting Coordinator, Danielle Nantais-Wenzel.
- Interview Date: Students are asked to arrive at the Career Services Center 10-15 minutes prior to their scheduled interview time to check in and meet any "greeters" your organization has brought with them.
- Please inform the Talent Recruiting Coordinator, Danielle Nantais-Wenzel of any student no shows.
The University of Delaware is committed to assuring equal opportunity to all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, ancestry, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, age, or disability in its educational programs, activities, admissions or employment practices as required by Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and other applicable statues.
Offer a three to five-week internship during UD’s winter term, when over 60% of UD students are available for full or part-time experiences throughout the country. The experience will help to expose a student to a career area of interest and will provide you with an eager intern to assist with projects for the month.
Offered over winter term, our job shadowing program allows students to learn more about various professions, receive career-related advice, and reflect on the ways in which their education can prepare them for life after college. Sign up to host a student for a one or two day job shadowing experience that is convenient for both you and the student.
By becoming a UD Athlete Internship host, you can connect with the university, see your professional experience in a new light and make a direct and positive impact on the professional development of young student athletes. In addition, your organization can benefit from the additional exposure and the unique values that student-athletes bring to the workforce.
The goal of the program is to create mutually beneficial experiences for the athletes and the UD employers, alumni and parent participants. Thereby, allowing University of Delaware athletes to gain valuable professional experience and stand out among the competition.
Partnerships are ideal for the employer looking to develop a strong pipeline of talent.
Benefits of formal partnership include:
- Increase your organization’s visibility with UD’s highly talented and diverse student pool.
- Promote your organization’s unique brand through a customized strategy.
- Receive specialized attention for your organization’s needs through quarterly meetings with the Assistant Director for Employer Partnerships and designated Career Services staff.
Current UD Career Services' Partners include: Agilent Technologies, Air Products, Capital One, Cintas Corporation, Enterprise, DuPont, JPMorgan Chase & Co., Sallie Mae, Wawa, and the US Marine Corps.
For additional information about developing a formal partnership with Career Services, please contact Joyce Dennis Henderson.
Employers interested in obtaining eager students with initiative and creative ideas for full-time, part-time and/or internship opportunities can post open positions on our Handshake database. More than 44,000 UD students and alumni have access to search postings and can apply to your position directly through the Handshake system.
Nonprofit organizations interested in obtaining individual students or student groups for one-time or regular volunteer projects can also post opportunities in our Handshake database for students to contact you directly.
Posting your job, internship, and/or volunteer listing(s) at UD is free from our site.
Get started posting in Handshake:
*University of Delaware departments and offices are encouraged to register with our Handshake database as an employer and post all part-time and on-campus job openings for students.
Questions or concerns contact: The Employer Relations Team - (302) 831-2391, email@example.com
"Thank you for your interest in recruiting University of Delaware students. Our Career Services Center staff is excited to partner with you to achieve your hiring goals. Please see a list of our staff who are happy to help."
NATHAN ELTON, CAREER SERVICES DIRECTOR
“The Employer Partnership program with University of Delaware has been a strong experience for Capital One. This relationship has not only helped us identify top talent, but also provided the direction we need to understand what motivates their graduates.”
- Katie Sanchez, Talent Acquisition, Retail Bank, Capital One
Directions from the North and South: Take I-95 to Delaware Exit #1, Route 896 North. Continue North on Route 896 which becomes South College Avenue (do not turn left at Route 896 and Route 4) and takes you to campus. Turn right from South College Avenue onto East Park Place. Turn left at the next light onto Academy Street. The Career Services Center will be on your right (401 Academy Street). Enter Career Service through the white enclosure.
Parking available in the Perkins Parking Garage adjacent to Career Services: Enter the parking garage at the driveway between the Career Services Center and the Perkins Student Center.
Special Hotel Rate Available for Employers: The Courtyard Newark at the University of Delaware is a Marriott hotel owned by the University of Delaware and run by students from the Department of Hotel, Restaurant and Institutional Management. Special rates also available at Embassy Suites. Employers should ask for the “UD-related rate”. Information about the hotel is at www.udel.edu/hotel.
Courtyard Newark at the University of Delaware
400 David Hollowell Drive
Newark DE, 19716
Off campus lodgings are within a five to 15-minute drive of the University of Delaware. The accommodations listed do not represent an endorsement by UD.