Room to Running Overview
Regular physical activity is important for good health, and it's especially important if you're trying to lose weight or to maintain a healthy weight.
Running is a great way to meet the minimum recommended amount of cardiovascular exercise per week. Three 30 minute training sessions a week are all it takes! Running is as simple as strapping shoes on your feet, warming up, and hitting the road (or bricks, or sidewalk, or dirt…)
A couple of things to keep in mind:
- Room to Running is for students with little to no running experience. We will walk more than we run, especially for the first several weeks, so it you’re not into that-don’t sign up!
- This program is designed for students who are interested in increasing their level of physical fitness. No races or competitions here.
- If you feel overly tired at any time, just walk! It’s that simple…
- You will need a decent pair of running shoes. If you are in need, take a walk over to Delaware Running Company on Main Street. Not only can you get a great fit, but you’ll get great service as well.
- You will need to commit to walking/running three evenings a week. We start slow and then pick up the pace. Again, we are not training for the Olympics; we’re just getting a little exercise.
- You will be required to warm-up and stretch at each session. You will also be required to sign a waiver, just like you would if you were to take a fitness class at the Little Bob.
- At the end, you will have the option to participate in the Race to Give Back 5K on Sunday, April 17 at 1:00pm. This is not a requirement, just an option or a goal to shoot for.
- If you have questions or concerns at any time, please don’t hesitate to ask.
Email email@example.com or call 302-831-2226.
Contact Michelle at 302-831-2226 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.