UD Computer Security

Computer Security Incident FAQs


  Computer Security Incident FAQ Main Page

Security Breach Procedures

Protecting Personal Non-Public Information

Responsible Computing
A Manual for:

Student Guide to University Policies

Computer Security Home

Students - What do I do if my network access has been terminated?

1. Check your e-mail from a nearby system or a public workstation. After your computer's network connection is disabled, an e-mail is sent to your University e-mail account from UD IT Security (secadmin@udel.edu) describing the problem and necessary recovery steps.

2. Do not move the machine to another port or use the network via a wireless connection. This will only return your hacked system to the network and will require additional measures to ensure it stays off the network until it is fixed.

Return to Computer Security Incident FAQs

Questions / comments?
Copyright © 2006, University of Delaware