Non-Public Information Policy
Personal Non-Public Information
Computer Security at
What should notices include?
The final text that is used in any breach
notification must be reviewed by the Office of Public Relations.
Notifications will vary depending on the
circumstances of each system breach and could include the following
- purpose of the letter;
- identity of the university department;
- what happened in general terms,
including the dates of the security
breach and of its discovery;
- what kind of personal information was
- what they should do to protect
- where to go for more
- what you are doing, if anything, to
- who to contact for more info
Notification Text is intended to provide guidance to university
departments in developing a notice to individuals whose personal
information might have been involved in a computer security breach.
Breach Notification Procedures
Questions / comments?
Copyright © 2005, University of Delaware