In order to encourage UD faculty and staff to invite external contributors in their sites to collaborate, teach, or interact, Information Technologies has created the Sakai@UD Guest Management System. This self-service system is designed to give access to external contributors who do not possess an "@udel.edu" email address. Any question about this service should be directed to the IT Help Center.
On this page:
When you create a guest account, you automatically become the "sponsor" of this guest. Each guest account needs one active UD staff or faculty member to sponsor it at any time. Guests need to comply with our Responsible Computing Policy at all times.
To sponsor a new guest account:
- Login to the Sakai@UD Guest Management System.
- Complete the "Sponsor a New Guest" form with a valid non-"@udel.edu" email address and a name. Add any useful information in the "Comments" field then click the Create Account button. A notification will appear on the top of the page. If the creation is successful, a message will automatically be sent to the specified email address with login instructions.
- Add the account to your Sakai@UD site using "Site Info > Add Participants." Type the complete email address as the user name.
Guests are granted access for about a year. Every year, during the month of June, sponsors will be prompted by email to extend or deactivate their Sakai@UD sponsored guest accounts.
Note: Login to the Sakai@UD Guest Management System to access your list of currently sponsored guests.
Once you have created or reactivated a guest account, it will be listed in this section. Here is a list of the actions that can be applied to a currently active sponsored guest:
- Edit: By clicking the little icon in the first column, you will be able to edit guest account information (change email address, name, and comments).
- Reset Password: Clicking the Reset button will generate a new random password and will email the information to the guest.
- Deactivate: To remove guest login access to Sakai@UD, deactivate the guest account. To ensure the guest does not reappear in your site if reactivated by another sponsor, be sure to also remove the account from any of your Sakai@UD sites using Site Info.
Note: Login to the Sakai@UD Guest Management System to access your list of deactivated guests.
Every year, during the month of June, sponsors will be prompted by email to extend or deactivate their Sakai@UD sponsored guest accounts. A deactivated guest cannot login to Sakai@UD, but his or her data still remains. You can, at any time, reactivate a guest account.
- If the guest is listed under "Guests About to Expire," click the Extend button next to any account. The user will be notified by email and will get access to Sakai@UD again.
- If the guest account is owned by another UD staff or faculty member, use the "Sponsor a New Guest" form. The SGMS will prompt you to complete the next steps and provide an explanation for each one.
- Your deactivated guests can be sponsored by other UD staff or faculty. If sponsorship changes, the guest will disappear from your "Deactivated Guests" list.