About Christiana Towers
Towering high above the University of Delaware, the Christiana Towers Apartments offer a gorgeous view of campus and provide students with private kitchens and bathrooms. The complex also includes a spacious common lounge for large gatherings as well as its own package pickup center. This complex is a perfect living option for students seeking an independent lifestyle with the convenience of living on campus.
- Campus Community Living with a flair of independence – The Christiana Towers are two high rise buildings with one and two bedroom apartment each with its own kitchen and bathroom. The setting provides for independence and privacy while still providing students with exciting community activities to stay connected to campus and meet new friends.
- A kitchen and bathroom in your apartment – No need to have a meal plan (but optional meal plans are available exclusively to Towers residents). Make a meal and have your friends over or bake a cake for your neighbor – cooking food is always a great way to bond and keep yourself healthy.
- Christiana Resident Advisory Board (CRAB) – CRAB sponsors fun programs throughout the year and even helps on cleaning day by supplying vacuums out on loan.
- Academic Year Living – You can stay in your housing through the academic year, including all university breaks, without requesting to stay or pay anything extra. Perfect for students who are student teaching or do not travel during breaks.
- Christiana Commons – There is always something happening in the Christiana Commons. While it’s a center for getting mail, packages and the spare key for the occasional lockout, it’s also a center of energy and connection as well as provides a great place for individual and group study.
- Great views – See the beauty of the campus and White Clay Creek State Park from the higher floors of both towers.
- Laird Resident Lot
- George Read Lot/Christiana Dr.
- Clayton Hall Conference Center Lot
- Independence Complex Fitness Center – a great place to grab a workout just a 3 minute walk away from the complex.
- Laird Turf- a recreational space, home to snowmen in the winter, frisbee in the spring and fall, and students and events year 'round.
- Pencader POD- a convenience store with all your essentials on the ground floor of Pencader Dining Hall.
- Pencader Dining Hall – Towers residents can purchase full or optional meal plans which allow for flexibility to eat in any dining hall.
- Close and Convenient Shopping – Superfresh and Rite Aid are just a short walk away from the complex.
- White Clay Creek State Park – the Towers backs up to one of the state’s most welcoming parks for walking, running, biking, and Frisbee golf.
- Megabus Bus Stop – the Megabus stops right near the towers – take a weekend trip by hoping on a bus convenient to your UD home.
- Towers After Hours: Towers After Hours happens every Thursday at 9:00 PM in the Christiana Commons. Come join us for Grocery Bingo, quiz games, or to engage with RSOs. It’s always a good time.
- Elevator Cab: Based on the popular game show “Cash Cab”, you never know when an “Elevator Cab” might have an unsuspecting host with prizes for answering fun questions about the UD experience.
- Tower’s Crawl: Want to “Get Out” without “Going Out”? Find a fun activity in each floor lobby area sponsored by the Resident Assistant and meet residents from other floors while participating. Great raffles are a part of this event. Residents "crawl" through the Tower visiting each community and checking out the sights and sounds on each floor!
- Floor Socials: Socials are sponsored by Resident Assistants, other residents doing an SIF (Student Initiative Fund program), or the Community Chair which help get students out of their apartments and connected to others on their floor.
Initiatives & Opportunities
Complex Community Council
Community councils are student-run student governments focused on advocacy, programming, and community service. Every area on campus has its own community council, at the Christiana Towers, it's known as the Christiana Towers Residence Advisory Board (CRAB). Learn more about CRAB.
Green Teams are student-run groups interested in learning more about environmental sustainability & hosting programs to promote environmental sustainability actions in residence halls. Learn more about the Christiana Towers Green Team.
Service Teams assist with their areas Weekly Service Initiative as well as partner with University entities or other local agencies to create additional service opportunities in their area. Each area on campus has a service organization they partner with. The Christiana Towers serve Family Promise.
Learn About More On-Campus Involvement & Leadership Opportunities