Russell, located on East Campus, comprises 5 buildings. Russell provides students with easy access to Russell Dining Hall, and is situated directly behind the Perkins Student Center (home to The Scrounge, Dunkin' Donuts and The Hen Zone). Russell is just minutes from classes on The Green, and shuttle buses are capable of transporting residents to all other parts of campus.
- Z Shaped Room - Russell has unique Z shaped rooms. Students have used this space in a variety of ways including making a living space and a sleeping space, or as an easy way to divide space.
- Shared Building Lounges - In Russell, there are 5 buildings, but 3 larege, shared lounges with group and quiet study lounge rooms inside of each lounge. This makes it easy to meet new people not only from your floor, but from across the complex, too! These spaces are often used for programs, but also studying and hanging out.
- Russell Dining Hall - Our dining hall is literally in our building. Talk about convenient! Our students would tell you that the Russell Dining Hall is the best one - and it might have something to do with a bell that rings to indicate that the fresh batch of cookies are coming out of the oven for you!
Buildings & Floorplans
- Russell Lot
- Perkins Student Center Garage
- Next door to the Russell Dining Hall
- Near The South Green - home to many academic buildings, the Morris Library, and the Student Health Center.
- Next to the Perkins Student Center. Perkins is home to a Dunkin' Donuts with late night hours and the Scrounge - a food court and lounge space. Most major student organizations are housed in this center as well. University Student Centers hosts many programs throughout the year in Perkins.
- Harrington Turf - A recreational space that is home to snowmen in the winter, frisbee in the spring and fall, and students and events year 'round.
- Harrington P.O.D. - a convenience market with all your essentials just across the turf
- Things on Thursdays: We host student programs or invite Registered Student Organizations (RSOs) weekly on Thursday nights for our entire complex to enjoy.
- Freshmen Formal: The Lane & Thompson Complex Community Council hosts this yearly affair.
Initiatives & Opportunities
Complex Community Council
Community councils are student-run student governments focused on advocacy, programming and community service. Every area on campus has its own community council. In Lane & Thompson and Russell it's known as ThoLaRu (Thompson, Lane, Russell). Learn more about ThoLaRu.
Green Teams are student-run groups interested in learning more about environmental sustainability & hosting programs to promote environmentally sustainable actions in residence halls. Learn more about the Russell-Lane-Thompson Green Team.
Service Team members assist with their area's Weekly Service Initiative as well as partner with University entities or other local agencies to create additional service opportunities in their area. Each area on campus has a partner service organization. Russell, Lane & Thompson serves the Emmaus House, which is a non-profit agency dedicated to serving families in crisis by providing effective and responsive programs and services. Students go to the home, play with children there, make dinner, or do small improvements around the house.
Learn About More On-Campus Involvement & Leadership Opportunities