About Lane & Thompson
Lane & Thompson, located on East Campus, are 2 nearly identical, traditional residence halls. Lane & Thompson provide students with easy access to Russell Dining Hall, and are situated next to the Perkins Student Center (home to The Scrounge, Dunkin' Donuts and The Hen Zone). Lane & Thompson are just minutes from classes on The Green, and shuttle buses are capable of transporting residents to all other parts of campus.
- In addition to a large first-floor social lounge, there is also a basement with many lounges, including study rooms, TV lounge and laundry. This provides spaces for both large gatherings and more intimate gatherings.
- Nearly all rooms are traditional style double rooms that lend themselves to great floor bonding. Students on these floors report high satisfaction, and have a great deal of ownership over their area.
- Russell Lot
- Perkins Student Center Garage
- Next door to the Russell Dining Hall
- Near The South Green - Lane & Thompson are close to many academic buildings and are a short walk from the Morris Library.
- Next to the Perkins Student Center - Complete with a Dunkin' Donuts with late night hours and the Scrounge - a food court and lounge space - Perkins is home to most major student organizations. University Student Centers hosts many programs throughout the year in Perkins.
- Harrington Turf - A recreational space that is home to snowmen in the winter, frisbee in the spring and fall, and students and events year 'round.
- Harrington P.O.D. - A convenience market with all your essentials just across the turf.
- Freshmen Formal: The Lane & Thompson Complex Community Council hosts this yearly affair.
- Things on Thursdays: Lane & Thompson host student programs or invite Resident Student Organizations weekly on Thursday nights.
Initiatives & Opportunities
Complex Community Council
Community councils are student-run student governments focused on advocacy, programming and community service. Every area on campus has its own community council. In Lane & Thompson and Russell it's known as ThoLaRu (Thompson, Lane, Russell). Learn more about ThoLaRu.
Green Teams are student-run groups interested in learning more about environmental sustainability & hosting programs to promote environmentally sustainable actions in residence halls. Learn more about the Russell-Lane-Thompson Green Team.
Service Team members assist with their area's Weekly Service Initiative as well as partner with University entities or other local agencies to create additional service opportunities in their area. Each area on campus has a service organization partner. Russell, Lane & Thompson serves the Emmaus House, which is a non-profit agency dedicated to serving families in crisis by providing effective and responsive programs and services. Students go to the home, play with children there, make dinner or do small improvements around the house.
Learn About More On-Campus Involvement & Leadership Opportunities